Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

A lil disappointing to see how well Patriots moved ball.

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#31 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,962 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

Dink and dunk, quick outs, dink and dunk, quick outs.  It happens when we play cover 2 and teams know how to pick on the left side of the field with a udfa cb

#32 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:42 AM

I agree, but I think it was a good learning experience for our incredibly green team. White showed his inexperience this week and brady picked on him all night (he's still better than norman though, at least he was near the receivers when they caught it)

the tackling was atrocious. no doubts about that. gotta tighten up for the rest of the way. 

#33 Semaj

Semaj

FIRE RON RIVERA

• HUDDLER
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Its the Patriots.  We did enough to win the game.  Lets be happy.  

#34 cavic7585

cavic7585

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

We made mistakes, yeah, but I can't accept being disappointed in the defense after this game...

I know, we forced a fumble and played very well overall. But the saints are like the pats and we need to wrap up on those short plays. I don't want to be a buzz kill at all and I think to many times fans and media do not give the other team credit.

#35 BigEric

BigEric

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

This is still Tom Brady we're talkin about, I would've liked to see dominance but ill take the win. He gets the ball out so damn quick, pocket awareness is amazing.

#36 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

The passrush was absent in the second half until the last drive. I think for the 1st time in weeks mcdermott got outcoached in the 2nd half. Pleasantly surprised with our Oline and Cam fuggin Newton. He only made about 3 bad decisions. He was amazing. I just wish we quit trying to run it up the middle with dangelo. We need stew on those power runs. Makes no sense. Epic win anyway. I'm still on cloud 9. Seeing Brady crying to the ref in the end was awesome. No one in the media will talk about Brady cussing out the refs in the end that's for sure

#37 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

I'm a little disappointed to see BigBoss is still making threads

I tried to make a thoughtful thread to look at some positives and some negatives because I thought was worthwhile discussion. Not sure why that comment was needed :/.

I agree with the comment that they did have two weeks to get ready for us and we still won, so that is an added bonus.

#38 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

we beat the patriots.....after a bye....in the second half of the season....on MNF.....

sorry....we let the pats run on us? who cares? we won!

we went up probably THE toughest team in the league to beat in this situation...the toughest in that situation for the last decade.

we did what we needed to win.

you go ahead and nitpick on the win if you want. you went in thinking that we were going to lose and looked like you were giving up after the first series. quit looking for the downside of things and just enjoy the win.

#39 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

It was expected.  Stopped when it was needed to be stopped.

This.

Teams like New Orleans and the Patriots are going to move the ball against everyone. But what is important is that we kept them at a manageable pace and put ourselves in position to win the game. 

I think a favorite quote of mine comes into play here(from Belichick ironically). "Stats are for losers".

We gave up some yards, we gave up some points, we probably are not 'statistically' the #1 defense right now, but we got the W and that is what matters.

#40 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

I am not saying that we let them move the ball.  But I think we were conceding the underneath stuff.  Trying to put them in third down situations and try to get stops, or drive the length of the field without making a mistake, and then trying to clamp down in the red zone.

I think that was the game plan.  Obviously we didn't do as good of a job of that as we wanted, but fug it we won

#41 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Rough night for White, but he's a rook.

#42 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationCollege

We held the Pats to 20 effing points! We won. Close thread.

#43 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

The Steelers just gave up 55 and over 600 yards to them.  It could be a lot worse.

#44 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

I I think White did well  for the position he was in. It could have been a lot worse, giving up TDs like Thomas. He scrapped all the way to the end, Pats are annoying with that dink and donk game its hard to stop.  I dont think they had a receiver over 50 yards.

#45 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

I have to rewatch the whole game, I only seen about 8 mins of the 4th. I thought and still think our corners is well for the system we run. I think they do their job

I think 20 points is enough. We gave up about a TD more than what we were already giving up. So I take it. Absolutely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com