Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new Panthers Fan!

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Congratulations. Has to an awesome feeling.

Posted

Ah poo man those feelz.

I just had an awesome time with my dad, who is the reason I am a panthers fan today. 

After not having seen my father in a few years, I went to visit him for his birthday and watch pats vs car game.

I cannot remember a better time that I have had watching a panthers game. It was over the top, I can't believe how great this game is kind of enjoyable. From Cam's first throw to Steve, all the way down to the "controversial call".

Carolina Panthers gave my dad, what was undoubtedly the greatest birthday present ever.

And made all the patriots fans in the world extremely butthurt.

2 people like this

Posted

Love it! Where do you guys live?

Posted

BTW , I think I finally got my girlfriend on board...she's from Aiken SC so I've been pushing the whole Carolina thing... a big UGA Football fan (Alma mater) but never got into the NFL.

Over the last 2 seasons, I've been pushing it on her and this season she's been wearing my Mike Minter jersey and Monday she said..."Where's my Panthers jersey!?" And threw it on and was into the game yelling and screaming ...almost brought a tear to my eye...

2 people like this

Posted

In originally from Mount Holly, so I grew near west charlotte. Spent a lot of time there as a kid. We now live right outside hickory, but plan on moving back down there soon.

Posted

The same will happen to my 5 year old daughter this sunday in Miami. Promise!

Posted

Great story 

Posted

Love it, we need to be developing that next generation and establishing what the Steelers fanbase has, generations upon generations of fans.

My children will come out of the womb decked out in Panther gear, no doubt about it!

Posted

That's awesome.

Posted

Awesome!!!!

Posted

I've always did my best to indoctrinate my son with my sports loves. He had panthers jerseys, pj's, tshirts, bibs, pacifiers, bottles, onsies, anything with a panthers logo, I would buy it. But he never could sit through a game with me at home. The first game we went to, he was 6 and we left at halftime because he was bored, and we were getting our butts handed to us. On Monday Night, things changed. With 2 minutes to go, I looked over and saw him with his arms tucked in his coat complaining about the cold. When Cam threw that TD to Ginn I looked over at him, he had taken his coat off to let his #89 black jersey show with pride, while jumping around like a wild man...The proudest moment as a dad so far! Screw the A honor roll, my son just fell in love with MY football team! I know this isn't breaking panthers news, but I wanted to tell this story, I'm so proud......

Awesome.  I'm trying to do the same with my soon-to-be 4 year old. It's not easy when they are at that age.  He cheers for the Panthers when he hears me cheer, but that's about it for his level of interest.  I can't wait to sit and watch a full game with him and have him be as into it as I am...

Posted

My girlfriend is from Atlanta and goes to uga, a Falcons fan, and she wore a Panthers shirt during the game and cheered for the Panthers, despite the ridicule she received from her friends. Made my heart so happy.