- - - - -

A new Panthers Fan!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*
Guests

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

I've always did my best to indoctrinate my son with my sports loves. He had panthers jerseys, pj's, tshirts, bibs, pacifiers, bottles, onsies, anything with a panthers logo, I would buy it. But he never could sit through a game with me at home. The first game we went to, he was 6 and we left at halftime because he was bored, and we were getting our butts handed to us. On Monday Night, things changed. With 2 minutes to go, I looked over and saw him with his arms tucked in his coat complaining about the cold. When Cam threw that TD to Ginn I looked over at him, he had taken his coat off to let his #89 black jersey show with pride, while jumping around like a wild man...The proudest moment as a dad so far! Screw the A honor roll, my son just fell in love with MY football team! I know this isn't breaking panthers news, but I wanted to tell this story, I'm so proud......

Attached Files

#2 49erPanther

49erPanther

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Congrats! I remember falling in love with the panthers, and not justa casual fan at the start of that magical superbowl season. I was maybe 8 or 9 at the time.

#3 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

I used to drag my dad to Hornets games. He just didn't appreciate sports the way I do. Enjoy that, I envy you a little.

#4 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

Your son is CEO material.

#5 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

I hope to share a moment like that in the future with my son.

congratulations man!!

#6 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

I used to drag my dad to Hornets games. He just didn't appreciate sports the way I do. Enjoy that, I envy you a little.

Son, is that you?

#7 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

You, sir, have been a little piece of history this week that is helping restore my faith in humanity. Salute.

#8 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

It was the black uniforms

#9 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

Bandwagon

#10 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

I love this season!

#11 Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*

Guest_CarolinaBlacknBlueblood_*
Guests

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

As we were walking down the ramp he was yelling at pats fans telling the the Patriots suck...that's a nugget we kept from his mother...he also asked for a Cam Newton jersey....His name is Cam.

#12 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

I've always did my best to indoctrinate my son with my sports loves. He had panthers jerseys, pj's, tshirts, bibs, pacifiers, bottles, onsies, anything with a panthers logo, I would buy it. But he never could sit through a game with me at home. The first game we went to, he was 6 and we left at halftime because he was bored, and we were getting our butts handed to us. On Monday Night, things changed. With 2 minutes to go, I looked over and saw him with his arms tucked in his coat complaining about the cold. When Cam threw that TD to Ginn I looked over at him, he had taken his coat off to let his #89 black jersey show with pride, while jumping around like a wild man...The proudest moment as a dad so far! Screw the A honor roll, my son just fell in love with MY football team! I know this isn't breaking panthers news, but I wanted to tell this story, I'm so proud......

It is up to us to create the next wave of Panther fans.  My daughters are true Panther fans as well.  I started taking them to games in 2006 and we try to go every year (not this year sadly)  They love going and have a great time.  

It is awesome that he has caught the fever.

Go Panthers