Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Panther fan Before or After Newton Era?

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Poll: Were you a Panther fan before or after Newton came to Carolina? (297 member(s) have cast votes)

Were you a Panther fan before or after Newton came to Carolina?

1. Voted Before Newton (287 votes [96.63%])

Percentage of vote: 96.63%

2. After Newton (6 votes [2.02%])

Percentage of vote: 2.02%

3. Voted I'm Alice and I suck Brees's taint. (4 votes [1.35%])

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,263 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

Made the trek down to Clemson for every home game that inaugural year.

Did not hurt that I worked for Rick Hendricks at the time. He had leased cars to the coaching/scout staff and hit tickets and luxury boxes instead of cash. He had like 7 or 8 suites while they were in Clemson.

I usually got a suite for the game...not a seat in the suite, but the whole suite. I would take 12-13 of my buddies and we would party. Good was provided and you could bring your own beer if you were in a suite. Took a huge cooler full and spent no cash.

God that was a fun year.

#152 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

I live in Oregon, have loved the Panthers through 2-14 twice, 1-15, and when I wanted Rivera fired. I am a huge Oregon ducks fan, and I hated when we picked Newton. I wanted Patrick Peterson. I guessed the kuechly pick.. and will love this team forever.

Sent from my C811 4G using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#153 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

I became a Panther fan their first year in existence.   Before the Panthers I was a Bears fan.  Walter Payton is still my favorite player of all time.  But it was funny because we played the Bears our first year and before the game I was hoping the Bears would win.....then during the game I found myself rooting for the Panthers and that was it.   I'm a Carolina boy. 

#154 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

I was a fan since the announcement the city was getting a team, altho at the time i was too young to really appreciate it. I started actually going to the games with family around  2000 - 20001 and just became a bigger and bigger fan every year. I liked Cam the year he was at Auburn. I remember talking s**t to my cousin whose a Clemson fan that "that number 2 dude for Auburn is going to beast the hell out you guys", which he did. From that game on, i liked Cam, even as a University of South Carolina student, i liked the guy. I can also admit i didn't want to draft the kid, not because i didn't think he was worth it, just thought the team could beef up in other areas. Insane i know. However, the second we drafted him, i was on board. I was gonna support whoever the Panthers drafted and Cam just had something about him that was REALLY easy to support. Love his attitude and yes "swagger". Im a Panthers fan for life, but I'm also a Cam fan for life...unless the dude LeBrons us, then f**k that guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.