Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Panther fan Before or After Newton Era?

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Poll: Were you a Panther fan before or after Newton came to Carolina? (297 member(s) have cast votes)

Were you a Panther fan before or after Newton came to Carolina?

1. Voted Before Newton (287 votes [96.63%])

Percentage of vote: 96.63%

2. After Newton (6 votes [2.02%])

Percentage of vote: 2.02%

3. Voted I'm Alice and I suck Brees's taint. (4 votes [1.35%])

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,410 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

I'm just here for the bitches,

#17 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

Just look at members join date and how they voted! We've got a lot of band-wagoners since Cam came along.

You can't say that really I just think the Huddle is becoming more well-known within the Panther community.

Plus, I don't even know when I signed up ...but I've been lurking on the Huddle since the Super Bowl season ..didn't get a name or start posting for a couple years.

#18 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,751 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

I'm just here for the bitches,

e84534289747020.jpg 

#19 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

Were you just a College Football guy? Or what?

Too young to understand football haha, my parents weren't huge sports people so I just took a liking of the panthers when they played the pats in the superbowl and stuck with them ever since lol

#20 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 4,885 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

Been here since Weinke 

#21 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

Born in 1988, Smith's rookie year was my first as an every game watching fan. 

#22 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

Became a fan in 2003 when they went to the Super Bowl. I was 15 years old then. I have been a fan ever since. 10 years now.

#23 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

I didn't care about sports at all (except playing them, and I liked the hornets but didn't really care how they did) until high school, my parents don't watch sports except dad watches golf. I pulled for the panthers a bit during the first nfccg run but didn't really care. Then about 2000 I really got into football and the Panthers were my team.

#24 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,805 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

Moved to NC in 2005 and started paying attention to the team. A few Steve Smith plays later...

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,061 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

This is kind of a silly question for The Huddle... Highly doubt many of us here became Panther fans overnight when we drafted Cam. Not saying those fans don't exist, but the Huddle is made up of more diehard Panther fans than say Cam Newton fanboys...

I became a Cam fan overnight the day we drafted him, that's for sure. And damn do we have a special QB...

More like many fans became fans overnight after that Week1 debut performance vs. the Cardinals.

But glad to have them anyway. More fans, the stronger we are.

#26 Moose87Banks

Moose87Banks

I Love Unicorns!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOregon/Charlotte

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

Got my first delhomme jersey after x clown game against the rams. Finally went to my first game when I was 15 in 2008 when we beat the winless Lions. Saw Godfreys first pick in that game. Been to multiple games since then, including the Arizona playoff loss. I have the fuging tattoo for life. Panthers are a part of who I am in a certain perspective.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#27 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

When it was announced we would get the Panthers I was kind of meh about it. I had watched a couple Super Bowls, my earliest football memory is the Cowboys destroying the Bills in the Super Bowl but I loved the Hornets. Not football. Then I watched the Hall of Fame game in 1995. It was just special. The excitement for the inaugural preseason game...The way we played that day. It didn't matter to me who was playing, they were Panthers.

#28 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,061 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

(To add to my earlier post)

Before I moved to here in North Carolina at age 6, I lived in Wisconsin for two years (age4-5). Always knew of the Packers and Favre. I guess I can say that my dad and brother were somewhat a Packers fan; not so much though. I was too young and didnt care about football, but was tied to the Packers somehow. Being Asian back then, football was rare. Moved here in 96' and was introduced to the Panthers. Coincidentally, the Panthers played the Packers in the Playoffs, and as a stupid kid who knew nothing about football I was actually rooting for the Packers to win. Try to like them but as a kid was just never able to like sports at the age. If you know what I'm talking about: Pokemon' cards!

But, I remember I got my first Panthers Football from Burger King! Anyone remember those??? It was long back in the days where BK had it for like $5 if Im correct.

Finally at 13, I introduced the Panthers to myself and taught myself how the game was played. Since then, not just me but my whole family and GF are all Panthers fans. Had a great family night watching the Panthers' win over the Pats.

#29 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

I was 13 when the team was accounced. At that age I did not have a favorite team. I did not like the redskin, ugly uniforms at the time....I sound like a girl on that one. I also hated anything atlanta becuase the braves where stellar back then and I got sick of hearing about them. I was a good baseball player then. Anyway I was really getting into football at that age and when we got the panthers , I knew I would root for my home team. I still long for the day that we will have generational fans and a real home field advantage. its coming but still has a long way to go.

My foundest panther memory. In 2003 I was in iraq and got my updates literally a week late. I was so pissed out to miss out on it. I nevermissed a game before that! Luckily my unit was rotated to the rear and I got a month leave  to come home just in time to watch the playoffs! My heart jumped so much during the rams game it was comparable to combat. The super bowl was amzing and devestating at the same time. I got to watch it the day before I flew back to Iraq. In 2004 I took my rage out on enemy lol.

#30 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

Since '95. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.