What Dolphins Fans are Saying...

162 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Phin fans I know tend to be reasonable about the team.  Like how the saints used to be before Breeze and success blinded that fan base to any form of reality and humility.  Sense of humor, reasonable expectations.

One needs to be that way in Miami with all of the serial killers on the lose.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The most obvious problem we had was tackling. Seriously thought at times that they could just run non stop for 5 yard gains each play. How we won the game with such a low score is beyond me. I guess they shot themselves in the foot more than we did

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Then you haven't watched much football this year.

The Patriots had just put up 55 in Pittsburgh against the #4 defense in the league.

Are you suggesting pitt's D is 4th best in the league?

they got reemed by Matt Cassel and the vikes...

Posted · Report post

Are you suggesting pitt's D is 4th best in the league?

they got reemed by Matt Cassel and the vikes...

I'm not suggesting it.

I am telling you that was their ranking on NFL.com pre-Pats.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

...Fins will be charged for this game...everybody wants to beat the hot team so i think they have plenty of motivation, Miami is not a bad team. One thing, they've given up the most sacks which plays right into our D's hands, should be some opportunity for us. Cam needs long sustained drives that eat up a lot of clock and will need to pickup 3rd downs with his legs, again...it will be a dog fight and i think it will be close.

Posted · Report post

man we should have done this for the Pats it was sooo much better....they were positive it was going to be a blowout

Posted · Report post

Then you haven't watched much football this year.

The Patriots had just put up 55 in Pittsburgh against the #4 defense in the league.

So you think allowing a team to only punt 1 time all game is ok? Forget good. We had a poor performance defensively. Same as the Patriots. Neither team was able to get off the field on 3rd down and allowed the other team to drive down the entire field on each possession. 

Posted · Report post

So you think allowing a team to only punt 1 time all game is ok? Forget good. We had a poor performance defensively. Same as the Patriots. Neither team was able to get off the field on 3rd down and allowed the other team to drive down the entire field on each possession. 

Scoreboard.

Holding the Pats and Tom Brady to 20 points on MNF is a good defensive effort.

You are trying to hard to be pessimistic.

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

They hurt their own chances of scoring more than we did to prevent them.

Posted · Report post

I'm not suggesting it.

I am telling you that was their ranking on NFL.com pre-Pats.

that is crazy talk

The week before Pats game they were down 21-3 at the half to the freikin Raiders. 1st play of the game was a 93 yard Terrelle Pryor TD run. Whatever stats led anyone to believe they were the 4th best D in the league should be ignored. The fire LeBeau rumblings among Steelers faithful started well before the Patriot game.

Posted · Report post

Scoreboard.

Holding the Pats and Tom Brady to 20 points on MNF is a good defensive effort.

You are trying to hard to be pessimistic.

The only reason Brady was held to 20 points was due to the Carolina O playing well keeping the NE O on the sideline. 

The D had nothing to do with keeping NE under 21 points. Only got off the field once on 3rd down the entire game. They punted ONCE all game and pretty much drove the entire field on every possession. 

Ron and the D would prob be the first to say they did not have a good showing. 

Hell, we let them drive the length of the field with 50 seconds remaining in the game knowing they had to pass the ball. 

Not a good night for our D. 

Posted · Report post

I watched Riveras press conference and heard what Rivera said - and the pants almost lost to Buffalo -  the pats and brady are a far cry from the team they were a few years ago.  As is Pittsburg regardless of their stats.

Oh great, now the Pats suck. All the great teams seems to suck after we beat them. SMH

4 people like this