• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#16 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

Are you suggesting pitt's D is 4th best in the league?

they got reemed by Matt Cassel and the vikes...

I'm not suggesting it.

I am telling you that was their ranking on NFL.com pre-Pats.

#17 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

...Fins will be charged for this game...everybody wants to beat the hot team so i think they have plenty of motivation, Miami is not a bad team. One thing, they've given up the most sacks which plays right into our D's hands, should be some opportunity for us. Cam needs long sustained drives that eat up a lot of clock and will need to pickup 3rd downs with his legs, again...it will be a dog fight and i think it will be close.

#18 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

man we should have done this for the Pats it was sooo much better....they were positive it was going to be a blowout

#19 Medellin Parcero

Medellin Parcero

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

Then you haven't watched much football this year.

The Patriots had just put up 55 in Pittsburgh against the #4 defense in the league.

So you think allowing a team to only punt 1 time all game is ok? Forget good. We had a poor performance defensively. Same as the Patriots. Neither team was able to get off the field on 3rd down and allowed the other team to drive down the entire field on each possession. 

#20 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

So you think allowing a team to only punt 1 time all game is ok? Forget good. We had a poor performance defensively. Same as the Patriots. Neither team was able to get off the field on 3rd down and allowed the other team to drive down the entire field on each possession. 

Scoreboard.

Holding the Pats and Tom Brady to 20 points on MNF is a good defensive effort.

You are trying to hard to be pessimistic.

#21 smash_n_dash

smash_n_dash

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

They hurt their own chances of scoring more than we did to prevent them.

#22 dksmith17

dksmith17

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'm not suggesting it.

I am telling you that was their ranking on NFL.com pre-Pats.

that is crazy talk

The week before Pats game they were down 21-3 at the half to the freikin Raiders. 1st play of the game was a 93 yard Terrelle Pryor TD run. Whatever stats led anyone to believe they were the 4th best D in the league should be ignored. The fire LeBeau rumblings among Steelers faithful started well before the Patriot game.

#23 Medellin Parcero

Medellin Parcero

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

Scoreboard.

Holding the Pats and Tom Brady to 20 points on MNF is a good defensive effort.

You are trying to hard to be pessimistic.

The only reason Brady was held to 20 points was due to the Carolina O playing well keeping the NE O on the sideline. 

The D had nothing to do with keeping NE under 21 points. Only got off the field once on 3rd down the entire game. They punted ONCE all game and pretty much drove the entire field on every possession. 

Ron and the D would prob be the first to say they did not have a good showing. 

Hell, we let them drive the length of the field with 50 seconds remaining in the game knowing they had to pass the ball. 

Not a good night for our D. 

#24 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

I watched Riveras press conference and heard what Rivera said - and the pants almost lost to Buffalo -  the pats and brady are a far cry from the team they were a few years ago.  As is Pittsburg regardless of their stats.

Oh great, now the Pats suck. All the great teams seems to suck after we beat them. SMH

#25 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

The Pats game was a shootout.  There were just extremely long drives by both offenses

#26 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,399 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

Our D did play poorly in a lot of respects. Tacking was horrible, gap fits were off, backside contain was lost more than once, CB's missing jams.

All of this is correctable, I see a week of focusing on fundamentals heading into Miami.

Luckily, were so good we overcame these issues, but it's got to get fixed.

#27 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,884 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:32 AM

Cam is playing on a different level this year. He wants wins. All of them. This team will be ready for Miami

#28 BigEric

BigEric

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

I think Bradys going to start lighting up defenses.. I mean LIGHTING them up. I'm going on a limb and saying they'll win against Denver by 20... Vereen is very good, great on screen. Gronks back, best all purpose TE in football. WRs are emerging. How we played them was ...good enough to win. And ill take it. This Miami offense is a FRACTION of what the Pats offense is... in every way.

#29 BigHips

BigHips

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRelevantville

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

Ron and the D would prob be the first to say they did not have a good showing.

Rivera did say it - watch his press conferene from after the game

#30 cota37

cota37

Head Hunter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

Here's where the silver lining comes in from this national perception of how we just won. If it's annoying you, think about how the team feels about it. I like it better than 100% praise being heaped on them after Monday night. They stay hungry Sunday and take care of business.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Miami Dolphins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.