Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Star Trek 3 news

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I know you couldn't base a whole movie around him, but I'd love to see them use the character of Harry Mudd in a subplot or something.

I read a comic based on the new timeline and they have made Mudd....a woman!

And it looks like they will be going in a whole new direction for 3

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-trek-3-orci-comments/

Expect Star Trek 3 to boldly go where J.J. Abrams‘ earlier Star Trek movies did not. In a new interview, director Roberto Orci promised Star Trek 3 would take Kirk and his crew into deep space, in contrast to the Earth-centric storylines of the last two installments. And naturally, that means the team is about to encounter some new kinds of aliens

In [into Darkness] they set out finally where the original series started. The first two films – especially the 2009 [star Trek] – was an origin story. It was about them coming together. So they weren’t the characters they were in the original series. They were growing into them and that continues on in the second movie. So in this movie they are closer than they are to the original series characters than you have ever seen. They have set off on their five-year mission. So their adventure is going to be in deep space.

Posted · Report post

Well that makes sense since at the end of ID they talked about the five year mission...

Posted · Report post

The second one was boring so a new director could be what they need. 

pcgj8ma.gif

Posted · Report post

How could they miss this guy for Captain Kirk? fug you Chris Pine.

chris-pratt-flaunts-ripped-abs-in-new-gu

Posted · Report post

I read a comic based on the new timeline and they have made Mudd....a woman!

The hell? :blink:

That's just wrong :(

Posted · Report post

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Trek-3-Could-Add-Bryan-Cranston-Most-Epic-Villain-Ever-69544.html

The Breaking Bad star developed such a crazy large fan base around his Heisenberg persona that audiences began to demand to see more of him. Obviously Cranston didn't wind up getting the comic book movie role, but as Star Trek 3 continues its development for a July 8, 2016 release, now it looks as though it's possible that the one who knocks could be the next villain to antagonize the Enterprise crew.

Casting for Star Trek 3 has been pretty mum, with the majority of the latest talk centered around who is working on the movie behind the scenes. We've been hearing news about Fast and Furious director Justin Lin taking the project's helm, and Simon Pegg co-writing the script, but now a new bit of casting rumor has come to us from the folks at Film Divider. The site states that the Enterprise crew will be going up against a major new villain in the sequel, and while details are still a mystery, Cranston has reportedly "had words with the studio" about the role, which makes sense since Paramount allegedly wants the villain to be "Bryan Cranston-like."

It’s unclear whether this villain will be a brand-new one introduced specifically for Star Trek 3 or if he will have some continuity within the franchise. We’ve already see the Romulans in Star Trek and Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness, that it seems all too likely that Star Trek 3 will have some throwbacks to the original films or TV series as well. J.J. Abrams, who directed the first two films and is serving as a producer on this latest one, has always kept details a mystery right up to the very end

It has been confirmed that Star Trek 3 will pick up years after the events of Star Trek Into Darkness and find the Enterprise crew in the midst of the famous five-year voyage. Centering on deep space exploration, the film will take a tone closer to the original TV series, and it’s expected that we’ll come into contact with more alien cultures. While it’s not confirmed, the Klingons seem like a safe bet, as their appearance in the second film seemed to mean more than what we were led to believe. Throw Cranston into this mix, and the studio will surely have guaranteed movie ticket sales.

3 needs to have a new storyline, no connections to TOS. and no time travel.

Posted · Report post

Yeah I don't need to see a reimagined Harry Mudd, Gary Seven, Kor, Apollo, Trelane, or anyone else. The originals work great and they really blew Khan despite great acting and a novel way to reintroduce him.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I agree, they'd done the homage to TOS, now move on with something new... it is a new timeline/reality after all.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I guess they are going to a stardate past 5928.5, which was the date of the last TOS "Turnabout Intruder" Into Darkness was 2259.55 so there is going to be a big jump in the time. 

Posted · Report post

They can't do any better than the guy who directed Tokyo Drift?

Posted · Report post

They can't do any better than the guy who directed Tokyo Drift?

That's a good movie

Posted · Report post

I just hope we get a cameo from some tribbles.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0