87 replies to this topic

#1 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,371 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

So now that the DNA matched for the sexual assault charges, what happens before the nat'l championship game?

Nothing?  Will they wait till after the game to pursue?

#2 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,385 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

http://espn.go.com/c...winston-accuser

A DNA analysis completed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement on Tuesday confirmed that DNA provided by Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston matched the sample taken from the underwear of the woman who has accused him of sexual battery.

134835067955.jpg

#3 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

ha GL proving that

#4 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

So now that the DNA matched for the sexual assault charges, what happens before the nat'l championship game?

Nothing? Will they wait till after the game to pursue?

If it takes the NCAA 7 months to investigate traffic tickets and a mouthpiece at UNC, Winston will be in the NFL and living large.

Seriously though... I've heard that if he's convicted of a felony, the Florida State Athletic Department will suspend him pending the outcome of the case. Hope it works out for the kid, this is a serious allegation.

http://espn.go.com/c...ser?ex_cid=null

#5 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,385 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

If it takes the NCAA 7 months to investigate traffic tickets and a mouthpiece at UNC, Winston will be in the NFL and living large.

Seriously though... I've heard that if he's convicted of a felony, the Florida State Athletic Department will suspend him pending the outcome of the case. Hope it works out for the kid, this is a serious allegation.

http://espn.go.com/c...ser?ex_cid=null

Winston isn't NFL eligible until after next season.

He's certainly innocent until proven guilty, but the DNA  match found in the accuser's panties proves that something, consensual or not, DID happen. Not to mention the disgusting allegations that she was intimidated to keep quiet. 

I doubt the NCAA will even investigate something like this. As long as he doesn't get caught driving rental cars; I doubt any suspension will be handed down. 

#6 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

Winston isn't NFL eligible until after next season.

He's certainly innocent until proven guilty, but the DNA match found in the accuser's panties proves that something, consensual or not, DID happen. Not to mention the disgusting allegations that she was intimidated to keep quiet.

I doubt the NCAA will even investigate something like this. As long as he doesn't get caught driving rental cars; I doubt any suspension will be handed down.

The part about him playing in the NFL was an attempt at humor, regarding the length of time an investigation takes in Chapel Hill.

#7 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

I just don't get it, if my ugly, lazy loser self can go out and get almost any girl I want why is this dude forcing himself on women?

sheeeeeeiiiitttt

#8 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

If the victim was intimidated not to press charges by someone linked to the school or on the behalf of Winston to remain eligible, most certainly has to be a violation. However if he's charged, the NCAA is the least of his worries.

#9 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

If they're going to indict it will be next week. The defense has two sworn testimonies, one which is the victim's roommate, saying the sex was consensual. Who knows what happened at this point as absolutely no hard evidence has come out either way. 

Here is a great write up on all the angles:

http://sports.yahoo....-041643901.html

What's telling is Winston's still practicing with the ones. Obviously I'd like to see a healthy Coker (who could carry us through a Title game and give us a decent shot at winning).

Hopefully justice is done quickly, and with minimum impact to the innocent, whoever that may be.

#10 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

If the victim was intimidated not to press charges by someone linked to the school or on the behalf of Winston to remain eligible, most certainly has to be a violation. However if he's charged, the NCAA is the least of his worries.

What in the actual hell are you talking about? There hasn't even been a wild rumor of victim intimidation. 

#11 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

What in the actual hell are you talking about? There hasn't even been a wild rumor of victim intimidation. 

Talahassee police supposedly told her she'd be "raked over the coals" if she moved forward with pressing charges. Sure, nobody at the school intimidated her but still. 

http://deadspin.com/...ly-s-1468332143

This is getting ugly. Yesterday, a Tallahassee Democrat report indicated that the sexual battery case involving Jameis Winston became "inactive" because the complainant told cops she didn't want to pursue the case. But today, in a statement released by its attorney to Tampa Bay Times reporter Matt Baker, the woman's family fired back, alleging that a Tallahassee detective warned the woman the city is "a big football town" and that "she would be raked over the coals" and her "life will be made miserable" if she were to press charges.

#12 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

I never said it was true and hope its not but it's been in the news all week.

— A statement from the accuser's family to the Tampa Bay Times on Wednesday said a Tallahassee police detective warned her attorney in January, after the accuser had identified Winston, that she should think "long and hard" before filing charges in "a big football town" where she'd be "raked over the coals" and her life "made miserable."

http://www.usatoday....trophy/3669637/

#13 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

I never said it was true and hope its not but it's been in the news all week.

— A statement from the accuser's family to the Tampa Bay Times on Wednesday said a Tallahassee police detective warned her attorney in January, after the accuser had identified Winston, that she should think "long and hard" before filing charges in "a big football town" where she'd be "raked over the coals" and her life "made miserable."

http://www.usatoday....trophy/3669637/

1. In what world is a TPD detective considered "someone linked with the school"?

2. Not there for the complete context obviously, but isn't this something a police officer SHOULD say to someone before she  

presses charges to make sure she will stick with it even when things get wild?  The TPD has never treated FSU players with  

kid gloves in the past (See: Johnson, Travis), so why would they start now?

3. This is directly pulled from a statement from the victim's lawyer who may, just may, have some desire to paint the story a

certain way.

I don't know if Winston is innocent or guilty (I'm watching this play out like everyone else), but I'm not going to sit by and watch people burn him at the stake before anything substantial's come to light.

#14 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Talahassee police supposedly told her she'd be "raked over the coals" if she moved forward with pressing charges. Sure, nobody at the school intimidated her but still. 

http://deadspin.com/...ly-s-1468332143

What they should have told her is "Hey, if you accuse this FSU player of rape, it will all be kittens and rainbows and everyone will just believe you at your word and this will end up being the easiest thing you've ever done."

#15 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

What they should have told her is "Hey, if you accuse this FSU player of rape, it will all be kittens and rainbows and everyone will just believe you at your word and this will end up being the easiest thing you've ever done."

No actually the police do an investigation and then turn the evidence over to the DA. The DA makes the determination to press charges after a consultation with the alleged victim, this is the point she gets legal advice... not from a cop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.