Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

and RR third for coach of the year

Defensive Rookie of the Year

1. Star Lotulelei, DT, Carolina Panthers (3): I know what the Pro Football Focus grades say about this race but I also know what I see when I watch the Panthers: a punishing, pulverizing, meat-grinding front seven lead by Star Lotulelei. Ask Tom Brady, who met the former Utah standout up close and personal Monday night. Lotulelei has been a key factor in the Panthers' transformation into one of the league's best defenses.

2. Sheldon Richardson, DL, New York Jets (1): Richardson has been solid for the Jets, but because he doesn't affect the game as a pass rusher and run-stopper yet, it's hard to put him ahead of Lotulelei the way he and the Panthers are playing.

3. Kiko Alonso, LB, Buffalo Bills (2): Alonso is a tackling machine who excels in coverage and can cover a lot of ground. Buffalo's defense has been much improved and Alonso has certainly been an impactful force in effecting that change. Lately though, he's just been a guy around the ball all the time, not necessarily someone forcing the action and making plays the way other players can.

Coach of the Year

1. Andy Reid, Kansas City Chiefs (1): A loss to Denver on the road is hardly something to fret over, and the Chiefs were just a play here or there away from being in the thick of that game. If the Chiefs can avoid a major late-season collapse, Reid remains the front-runner for this award.

2. Chip Kelly, Philadelphia Eagles (3): Worst-to-first, that's what Chip Kelly could bring to the Eagles. Kelly's up-tempo offense hasn't revolutionized the NFL, but it's put them in the thick of a playoff race, and he has Nick Foles playing as well as any quarterback not named Manning or Brees right now.

3. Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers (NR): Rex Ryan had been on this list, but a team who can't put two wins in a row together is hardly praise-worthy at this point. The Panthers, on the other hand, just got wins in back-to-back weeks against the 49ers and the Patriots, probably the most impressive two-game stretch anyone has played this season. Rivera's newfound aggressive mindset has permeated throughout this team, and it now believes, rightfully so, that it can beat anyone in the league.

Read More: http://sportsillustr.../#ixzz2lOT2eGon

#2 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,721 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Star Lotulelei is an 86 on Madden, not bad.

#3 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,616 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

Star Lotulelei is an 86 on Madden, not bad.

And that's what really matters. 

#4 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,074 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

Yep

#5 Huell

Huell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Threepeat!!!!

#6 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,395 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

he's not gonna win it guys.

wish he would but kiko probably has this locked up.

#7 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,452 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

back to back to back ROYs. make it happen

#8 BigHips

BigHips

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRelevantville

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

I guess they dont have gm s of the year - if they did I think Id give gettleman a vote.  Hes brought in some key players - Star among them and resigned D Edwards - He saw that though we dont have great o lineman that with an effective cam and the right play calling they would be good enough -all while freeing up cap space.

#9 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,616 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

I guess they dont have gm s of the year - if they did I think Id give gettleman a vote.  Hes brought in some key players - Star among them and resigned D Edwards - He saw that though we dont have great o lineman that with an effective cam and the right play calling they would be good enough -all while freeing up cap space.

They have an executive of the year award. 

#10 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,246 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

Unless he suffers an injury...

Either way, Kiko is slowing down. If The Panthers continue on the tear they're on, Star just might get more attention.

#11 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,557 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Star is the best player, but he won't win. DT's rarely win.

Also, the NY factor

#12 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,897 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

simply a matter of having the advantage of playing a glamour position

#13 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,395 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

simply a matter of having the advantage of playing a glamour position

yup. kiko is also a freak regardless of the homerism here.

would love a 3 peat ROY, but even with kiko slowing down he's put up some gaudy numbers.

#14 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,897 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

yup. kiko is also a freak regardless of the homerism here.

would love a 3 peat ROY, but even with kiko slowing down he's put up some gaudy numbers.

Yeah he freaking owned us. For a while there he was on pace with Keek's rookie year but I don't know if that's still the case.

#15 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,290 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Boggles my mind that Rivera is on that list for CotY.  Just 6 or so weeks ago the majority of us (me included) were calling for his head.

Not saying he doesn't deserve to be in consideration, I'm saying how crazy that seems looking back on the beginning of the season...

Man, I hope Star can win it too, how awesome would that be.  I know what the stats are saying but I see Star flash multiple times per game where he's just dominating O linemen.  It is awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com