Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SI says Star is leading for ROY

42 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Big Star definitely should be! In my honest opinion, Star is the main reason why this defense has taken off so fast just after one year. Of course, he's a rookie and is being overshadowed by Kuechly and CJ on this defense. But, Star is the heart and soul of that D-line. Yes, the heart and motor that keeps that Dline running. He's giving the opportunity for CJ and Hardy to get to the QBs and freeing up Keek/TD to make plays.

Star Lotulelei should have been the No1 Pick in this past April Draft. Thank God, he fell all the way down to us at 14. Thirteen players and four which were defensive linemen were taken ahead of him.

Star is already having a rookie season as good as the veteran Haloti Ngata: 30 tackles , 2 sacks through 10 games.

Stats wise, Star is not putting up the numbers like Sheldon Richardson. But, performance wise he's outplaying Sheldon on the field. He's a tremendous piece to why this defense is playing so well, and especially why Rivera/McDermott are able to only rush four on a consistent basis. The man is holding his ground and stuffing the run on a weekly basis.

Star Lotulelei for DROY2013-2014!!!!!

Here's two really articles on Star. He's getting the respect he deserve:

http://www.businessinsider.com/star-lotulelei-nfl-draft-2013-11

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/11/19/5120380/star-lotulelei-rookie-panthers-vs-patriots

Posted · Report post

He should win it but he won't.

Star isnt getting the attention from ESPN, but he's getting a lot of respect from other places. Just Google his name and you can see it.

Posted · Report post

39 yards difference per game between the 2012 defense and 2013 defense.  Yeah Star factor.

Posted · Report post

And that's what really matters.

I lol'd

Posted · Report post

lol imagine Star going up to speak when he wins the award at the NFL honors compared to Cam and Luke

Posted · Report post

Really pulling for Star, obviously, and while I won't say he is my favorite, I wouldn't be upset if Kiko won. That kid is a stud. Not sure it will be back to back Panthers as DROY, but it might be back to back Keek's.

He might get hurt by the fact that he's not getting the impact plays like INTs and Sacks he was getting at the beginning of the season, meanwhile Star is starting to accrue some. But Kiko is a tackling machine and it will be fun watching he and Keek vying for the title of best MLB in the NFL for the next few years.

Posted · Report post

Agreed with most in this thread.

Star is definitely deserving, but this award is numbers driven.  Kiko will win DROY, in my opinion.

Posted · Report post

Star is getting a lot of love around the league. If we make the playoffs, and he doesn't hit that rookie wall, he has a shot.

He makes impact plays at the line of scrimmage. That gets you noticed. If can just keep improving, he is going to be tough to beat.

Posted · Report post

Star is a beast, there was one play against New England on a stretch run where he just put his shoulder into mankins and put him on his ass

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I dont see chip kelly as anywhere near coach of the year. Worst to first in the nfc east isnt really saying much. Its like going from being the ugliest girl in the room to the second ugliest one.

Agreed. Chip Kelly shouldn't even be in the conversation for COTY.

Posted · Report post

Agreed. Chip Kelly shouldn't even be in the conversation for COTY.

It's hard to argue that Andy Reid is the guy with the turnaround of the Chiefs, but big props to Ron for changing his coaching foundation and philosophy in season for the betterment of the team. Rarely would an NFL coach embrace such a change, which is also a humbling admission that what he was doing wasn't getting it done. I'm glad to see that his ego didn't get the best of him and now he's on fire. Should be no less than first runner up for this award.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Star is the best player, but he won't win. DT's rarely win.

Also, the NY factor

I lol'd. Buffalo is never part of the "NY factor". And doesn't want to be.