38 replies to this topic

#1 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

In honor of the 50th anniversary of his death, who do you think was behind it?

LHO acted alone?
Military industrial complex?
CIA?
Mafia?
Castro?
Russia?
Other?

Who you got?

Me personally, I think it was a joint operation between the Mafia and a small rogue group either in the CIA or associated with the CIA.

#2 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

Probably mafia with and LHO was their fall guy

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,434 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Lee Harvey Oswald killed him, there is little rational doubt of that. 

Unlike most conspiracy theories, there is actually a very slight chance (maybe 1 in a 100) that one of the conspiracy theories surrounding this one might have some validity, but there is no doubt that Oswald killed him. 

#4 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yup. Oswald did it. Alone and unaided. People tend to forget a lot about Oswald. Like his attempted assassination of a US General in his home, firing a shot through his window. And almost everyone who paints LHO as a fall guy forgets that before he hid in the movie theater he killed a cop. He was just the first in a sad, growing fraternity of people who killed for attention. Look at Oswald's life and it's the tale of a man desperate for attention. From distributing communist leaflets, to trying to defect to Russia. He was just a guy with mental issues and a gun. That's not unique. There's no need for a conspiracy theory for Virginia Tech, or Gifford, or Boston. Just because its a President, people want to believe the explanation is as monumental as how it made us feel as a nation. But look at it really. A President driving slowly in an open roofed car surrounded by tall buildings. If that scenario played out today, would you think it was a conspiracy? Mental illness plus firearms. Same story its always been, and will always be. Same with Ruby. You think if someone killed Obama, or Bush even, and was walked through a crowded hall, there wouldn't be some irate and well intentioned citizen waiting to pop him? Of course there would be. Think of this story in the context of today, and realize that times really haven't changed that much. Then you will see that conspiracy theories are just the product of a scared, naive and confused nation. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#5 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,584 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Lyndon Johnson

#6 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

It was Chuck Norris, in the bushes, with a blow dart.

#7 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,856 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

I do think that his focus to dismantle the CIA really caused huge rifts. See if anyone ever mentions that again and gets elected. I know Ron Paul wanted to move the CIA from its own entity to the military where its budget is monitored. Thats dangerous to do in this day. That photo when Lyndon Johnson is being sworn in and he is getting that weird wink photo is a bit eyebrow raising. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#8 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,792 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

I like the Hickey accidental shooting theory.

#9 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,434 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

Its interesting to read some of the reasons for these conspiracy theories.

Kennedy wanted to disband the CIA - He had good relations with Dulles, and was in the midst of using the CIA for several projects.  He made a few comments in frustration after Bay of Pigs, but going from that to actually breaking them up is a long haul.  Highly unlikely that Congress would have approved anyway.

Kennedy wanted to get us out of Vietnam - he got us in Vietnam in the first place.  Nothing he did really indicated he planned on getting out of Vietnam.  As to what he might have done is pure conjecture,

Russian involvement - The Russians would have been taking a chance of global war to get rid of a president who was replaced with someone that was more of a hardliner.  That one makes less sense than any of them.

The truth is the Kennedy administration is romanticized a lot because he died in office,  Presidents tend to suffer popularity drops in their second term.  Had he lived out his two terms, I don't think people would remember him as fondly as they do.

#10 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,022 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

Why are there no conspiracies on who tried to kill Reagan? Probably because he lived.

#11 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,170 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

I like the Hickey accidental shooting theory.

I'm guessing you also watched The Smoking Gun documentary on Reelz?

It was good, but I just don't buy the friendly fire part. No way they could keep something like that quiet.

#12 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,792 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

I'm guessing you also watched The Smoking Gun documentary on Reelz?

It was good, but I just don't buy the friendly fire part. No way they could keep something like that quiet.

This is my general opinion as well as far as keeping things quiet...

However I find the fact that people along the street distinctly remembered smelling gun powder which was impossible if Oswald was alone very compelling as an argument for a conspiracy.

#13 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,170 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

This is my general opinion as well as far as keeping things quiet...

However I find the fact that people along the street distinctly remembered smelling gun powder which was impossible if Oswald was alone very compelling as an argument for a conspiracy.

Yeah, multiple people reportedly smelling gun powder definitely raises flags.

Also worth mentioning that of the three fired shells found by the book depository window, one was several feet away from the other two. The fact that JFK, and his brother Bobby both supposedly got assassinated by a lone gunman within 5 years just stinks beyond words.

We'll never know the truth regardless, sadly.

#14 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,822 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Definitely not Oswald. Physics tells us that shot would've been impossible. He was just a fall guy.

#15 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,822 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

Why are there no conspiracies on who tried to kill Reagan? Probably because he lived.

There are. There are those who claim Hinckley was put up to it by Bush Sr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.