Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNC Ends Louisville's 21 Game Winning Streak

66 posts in this topic

Posted

Gotta agree on McAdoo...been a bit disappointed in his play.

Posted

I've never understood the hype around Mcadoo, he doesnt have an offensive game that can translate to the NBA and its supposed to be his strength.  There wouldn't be draft speculation around the guy if he wasnt a top prospect in high school

He should be using college to develop his game, not showcase his skills for the NBA scouts

Posted

McAdoo might be the only person in the world that can average 17 points and still be considered disappointing.

It's clear that Lousiville game planned to stop Carolina's big's (McAdoo, James, Hubert etc..) by playing the zone nearly all game. Unfortunately for them, Meeks can play the stretch four and Paige was knocking down big shots.

Posted

JMM had a bad game today, but Tokoto has a bad game every game. I like Johnson and Meeks in the post and JMM moved to the 3 spot, those 2 along with Paige are balling!

Posted

I'm happy Paige balled out today hopefully he keeps this up.

Posted

Meanwhile Duke escapes with a 1 point win over Vermont at home.

Posted

On a very questionable foul call (what did you expect) that led to the winning free throw.

That Vermont player may (and that's a big may) have gotten Hood with the body but it as all clean up top.

Not to mention that Vermont deserved that win, but that's besides the point.

Posted

A stroke victim could have walked that ball in and got the same call. 

Posted

Next year has potential to be ridiculous. Just look at the backcourt clutter, it makes me shine with happiness.

Marcus Paige, Nate Britt, Joel Berry, Stillman White coming back, Dante Exum and Rashad Vaughn as legitimate possibilities to commit as well. And then in all honesty, PJ could probably use his senior year as redemption to help his stock climb up a bit more after this disaster of a year for him.

Granted, I'm sure PJ would be manning the 3 with a backcourt like that, but I digress.

If JMM stayed and PJ stayed... Duke vs UNC could be extremely fun next year, and we could be looking at #1 and #2 ranked teams. 

Joel Berry/Nate Britt at the 1

Marcus Paige/PJ at the 2

PJ/Theo Pinson/Justin Jackson at the 3

JMM/Isaiah Hicks/Brice Johnson at the 4

Kennedy Meeks/Joel James at the 5

A man can dream. That would be one dirty team right there, even without Exum or Vaughn.

Posted

AWFUL QUIET IN HERE TODAY - Duke fans usually don't wake up before noon on workdays. 

WAAAHHHHHHHHH JABARI PARKER WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BELMONT WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted

On a very questionable foul call (what did you expect) that led to the winning free throw.

That Vermont player may (and that's a big may) have gotten Hood with the body but it as all clean up top.

Not to mention that Vermont deserved that win, but that's besides the point.

Come on there were questionable calls both ways, remember the 4-point play?  Suliamon was laying on the ground and the guys lands on him.

Did we win?  Yes.  Did we deserve to win?  Yes, we made plays at the end to win, hell our best defense we played the whole game was on the last play.  Do we need to play better defense?  Hell yes with the way the game is being called this year it's pretty easy for the ball handler to get to the basket and we don't have anyone in there to protect the rim.  It was ugly but it's still a W and there is a lot to be learned from it.

Posted

AWFUL QUIET IN HERE TODAY - Duke fans usually don't wake up before noon on workdays. 

WAAAHHHHHHHHH JABARI PARKER WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BELMONT WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't understand why you heels fans don't just enjoy your big win, why do you care about what Duke did?  unc had a good win enjoy it don't worry about Duke.