• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#16 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

JMM had a bad game today, but Tokoto has a bad game every game. I like Johnson and Meeks in the post and JMM moved to the 3 spot, those 2 along with Paige are balling!

#17 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

I'm happy Paige balled out today hopefully he keeps this up.

#18 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Meanwhile Duke escapes with a 1 point win over Vermont at home.

#19 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

On a very questionable foul call (what did you expect) that led to the winning free throw.

That Vermont player may (and that's a big may) have gotten Hood with the body but it as all clean up top.

Not to mention that Vermont deserved that win, but that's besides the point.

#20 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

A stroke victim could have walked that ball in and got the same call. 

#21 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,820 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

Next year has potential to be ridiculous. Just look at the backcourt clutter, it makes me shine with happiness.

Marcus Paige, Nate Britt, Joel Berry, Stillman White coming back, Dante Exum and Rashad Vaughn as legitimate possibilities to commit as well. And then in all honesty, PJ could probably use his senior year as redemption to help his stock climb up a bit more after this disaster of a year for him.

Granted, I'm sure PJ would be manning the 3 with a backcourt like that, but I digress.

If JMM stayed and PJ stayed... Duke vs UNC could be extremely fun next year, and we could be looking at #1 and #2 ranked teams. 

Joel Berry/Nate Britt at the 1

Marcus Paige/PJ at the 2

PJ/Theo Pinson/Justin Jackson at the 3

JMM/Isaiah Hicks/Brice Johnson at the 4

Kennedy Meeks/Joel James at the 5

A man can dream. That would be one dirty team right there, even without Exum or Vaughn.

#22 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

AWFUL QUIET IN HERE TODAY - Duke fans usually don't wake up before noon on workdays. 

WAAAHHHHHHHHH JABARI PARKER WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BELMONT WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#23 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,650 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

On a very questionable foul call (what did you expect) that led to the winning free throw.

That Vermont player may (and that's a big may) have gotten Hood with the body but it as all clean up top.

Not to mention that Vermont deserved that win, but that's besides the point.

Come on there were questionable calls both ways, remember the 4-point play?  Suliamon was laying on the ground and the guys lands on him.

Did we win?  Yes.  Did we deserve to win?  Yes, we made plays at the end to win, hell our best defense we played the whole game was on the last play.  Do we need to play better defense?  Hell yes with the way the game is being called this year it's pretty easy for the ball handler to get to the basket and we don't have anyone in there to protect the rim.  It was ugly but it's still a W and there is a lot to be learned from it.

#24 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,650 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

AWFUL QUIET IN HERE TODAY - Duke fans usually don't wake up before noon on workdays. 

I don't understand why you heels fans don't just enjoy your big win, why do you care about what Duke did?  unc had a good win enjoy it don't worry about Duke.

#25 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,650 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

Because most of us are successful enough to be retired and not have to worry about getting up to go run the cash register at Wal-mart.  

#26 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

Because most of us are successful enough to be retired and not have to worry about getting up to go run the cash register at Wal-mart.  

wah wahhhh wahhhhhhhhhhh

#27 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

Come on there were questionable calls both ways, remember the 4-point play? Suliamon was laying on the ground and the guys lands on him.

Did we win? Yes. Did we deserve to win? Yes, we made plays at the end to win, hell our best defense we played the whole game was on the last play. Do we need to play better defense? Hell yes with the way the game is being called this year it's pretty easy for the ball handler to get to the basket and we don't have anyone in there to protect the rim. It was ugly but it's still a W and there is a lot to be learned from it.

You have to give a player room to land, you should know that better than anyone.

You guys got bailed out, simple as that

I didn't see Tokoto get a call when he was in the lane against Belmont...

#28 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

I don't understand why you heels fans don't just enjoy your big win, why do you care about what Duke did? unc had a good win enjoy it don't worry about Duke.

This coming from the person that started all the P.J. Hairston threads...

Pot meet kettle.

#29 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,159 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

Next year has potential to be ridiculous. Just look at the backcourt clutter, it makes me shine with happiness.

Marcus Paige, Nate Britt, Joel Berry, Stillman White coming back, Dante Exum and Rashad Vaughn as legitimate possibilities to commit as well. And then in all honesty, PJ could probably use his senior year as redemption to help his stock climb up a bit more after this disaster of a year for him.

Granted, I'm sure PJ would be manning the 3 with a backcourt like that, but I digress.

If JMM stayed and PJ stayed... Duke vs UNC could be extremely fun next year, and we could be looking at #1 and #2 ranked teams. 

Joel Berry/Nate Britt at the 1

Marcus Paige/PJ at the 2

PJ/Theo Pinson/Justin Jackson at the 3

JMM/Isaiah Hicks/Brice Johnson at the 4

Kennedy Meeks/Joel James at the 5

A man can dream. That would be one dirty team right there, even without Exum or Vaughn.

On Stillman, is he coming back? I was under the impression Roy basically gave him a scholarship for the year, and after his mission they would be parting ways.

Exum will be in the NBA, not in college. He COULD play this season, but more than likely won't.

Vaughn would be a big get, but I haven't seen too many Carolina people confident on him.

Regardless of those 3, Carolina does have some great potential next season. I seriously doubt PJ comes back, but if he did, they would be a Top 3 team without question.

#30 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,159 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

On the Duke game, since it's in this thread for some reason...I almost wanted Vermont to pull the upset. Duke better commit to the little things like boxing out and actually giving a poo on defense, or all that offensive fire power will be wasted this season. Luckily the season is young and the players know they fuged up. Will be interesting to see how they, and K, respond next game. Wouldn't surprise me to see some shake up to the lineup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com