#31 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,999 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

You have to give a player room to land, you should know that better than anyone.

You guys got bailed out, simple as that

I didn't see Tokoto get a call when he was in the lane against Belmont...

It was a poo call at the end of the game, but it's to be expected. The game was at Cameron, and I'm sure K gave a very stern talking to the officials at halftime about the rules of college basketball. 

I was sitting at the bar last night with some dookies and they actually thought they were going to lose! I told them that all they have to do is get  the ball up top and drive inside. If there's ANY and I mean ANY contact regardless if the defender cleanly got the ball; there would be a foul called. 

Between you and me - it's going to be a tough year for the dookies, and I expect to see plenty more of these scares that they've had in the past week against big bad Vermont and the powerhouse known as ECU. This is far from the type of team K usually puts on the floor. One and done Jabari is obviously going to get his, but it would not surprise me to see another Lehigh type of upset come March. They are always going to get the oppositions best game and will struggle when they go up against teams that hustle and can push them around inside. 

#32 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,999 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

On Stillman, is he coming back? I was under the impression Roy basically gave him a scholarship for the year, and after his mission they would be parting ways.

Exum will be in the NBA, not in college. He COULD play this season, but more than likely won't.

Vaughn would be a big get, but I haven't seen too many Carolina people confident on him.

Regardless of those 3, Carolina does have some great potential next season. I seriously doubt PJ comes back, but if he did, they would be a Top 3 team without question.

Still will be back on the Heels roster next year, dookie. Roy said his roster spot will be his when he returns from his 2 year Mormon mission. Speaking of Mormons, isn't Jabari one? I'm sure he will uphold his commitment to the Church and take his 2 year mission before heading to the NBA. 

The dislike/disdain for PJ grows by the day and at this point I'm just about ready to part ways with him permanently. 

#33 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,717 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

On Stillman, is he coming back? I was under the impression Roy basically gave him a scholarship for the year, and after his mission they would be parting ways.

Exum will be in the NBA, not in college. He COULD play this season, but more than likely won't.

Vaughn would be a big get, but I haven't seen too many Carolina people confident on him.

Regardless of those 3, Carolina does have some great potential next season. I seriously doubt PJ comes back, but if he did, they would be a Top 3 team without question.

Exum has an offer standing for next year too I believe. But the way him stock is, he has no reason to come through. Saving grace is his father though.

And Stillman does return as far as I know.

#34 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

Kicking PJ off the team would be the easy way out...  Keeping him is the tough (and right) thing to do in regards of what kind of difference can be made in the young man's life...  Personally, I applaud them for keeping him, regardless of whether he plays another minute for them or not...

#35 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,999 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

#36 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,999 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

Kicking PJ off the team would be the easy way out...  Keeping him is the tough (and right) thing to do in regards of what kind of difference can be made in the young man's life...  Personally, I applaud them for keeping him, regardless of whether he plays another minute for them or not...

I agree with a lot of this. Roy may have saved his life and future NBA career. But my point being that we don't know exactly what was going on and what has been discussed and what hasn't. What Hairston has allegedly done was more than a lack of judgement and he's put the season in jeopardy. You see what the Heels are capable of doing without their only legit wing players and it's frustrating to know that his foolishness could have cost UNC a potential title run. 

I was listening to John Feinstein on CBS talk about PJ and how Roy needs to make a statement by kicking PJ off the team. Feinstein is a Duke grad, BTW.

#37 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Kicking PJ off the team would be the easy way out... Keeping him is the tough (and right) thing to do in regards of what kind of difference can be made in the young man's life... Personally, I applaud them for keeping him, regardless of whether he plays another minute for them or not...

Absolutely correct my friend, couldn't have said it better.

#38 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationBoonville

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

I've been saying that Paige would be a stud ever since I watched him play in the ACC tourney last year. He can easily be a top 3 guard in the ACC. IMHO he is one of the purest shooters in the country.

CatDaddy criticized me for just saying he is a stud lol

#39 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

http://www.tarheelti...ticle53151.aspx

Love Roy's speech at the end!

#40 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationBoonville

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

Does anyone know what the heck is taking so long with LMAC?

His situation is completely isolated from PJ's and there is absolutely no reason the NCAA should be dragging their feet like this. Having him back on the court would be a huge boost as well and keep the walk-ons off the court.

The Oregon players who profited off the sale of their shoes had a decision within days?  We are being held hostage here and it's outrageous!!!

#41 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,999 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Does anyone know what the heck is taking so long with LMAC?

His situation is completely isolated from PJ's and there is absolutely no reason the NCAA should be dragging their feet like this. Having him back on the court would be a huge boost as well and keep the walk-ons off the court.

The Oregon players who profited off the sale of their shoes had a decision within days?  We are being held hostage here and it's outrageous!!!

Even the guys like Prisbell don't seem to have a clear understand on what's going on with LMac - just that it's an "eligibility issue"... The reports indicate it's for the designer mouth guard but who really knows. 

Like I said earlier though - it may be in this team's best interest that they just go ahead and rule PJ ineligible and be on their merry way. He's a huge distraction and what people seem to forget (especially the idiot dookie in this thread) is that it wasn't PJ and a team full of scrubs. There are blue chip prospects, potential NBA players, MCDonald's AA, and highly touted players on Carolina's remaining roster. Not to mention we have one of the best coaches of all time on our bench. Are they going to win an NCAA title w/o Hairston? Prob not but they will still be competitive and compete nationally. 

Awful quiet in here (and nationally) from the ABC retards and dook "fans" who were quick to throw UNC under the bus after the Belmont game. I haven't been listening to WFNZ today but I'd be willing to bet that the huge UNC win maybe got a quick mention and then moved on to Steelers talk. 

#42 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

This coming from the person that started all the P.J. Hairston threads...

Pot meet kettle.

Go back and check I started one thread and that was when PJ was arrested, but hey why let facts get in your way.

#43 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

You have to give a player room to land, you should know that better than anyone.

You guys got bailed out, simple as that

I didn't see Tokoto get a call when he was in the lane against Belmont...

So if you go up for a jumper and land on my foot and twist your ankle is it a foul?  There are going to be a lot of questionable calls this year with how games are called so get used to it.

#44 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

Still will be back on the Heels roster next year, dookie. Roy said his roster spot will be his when he returns from his 2 year Mormon mission. Speaking of Mormons, isn't Jabari one? I'm sure he will uphold his commitment to the Church and take his 2 year mission before heading to the NBA. 

The dislike/disdain for PJ grows by the day and at this point I'm just about ready to part ways with him permanently. 

Why does that even matter?  How would he even get on the court with Paige, Britt, and Berry in front of him?

Yes he is a Mormon but there is no way he goes on his mission, he will follow in the steps of Jimmer, Danny Ainge, and Steve Young and not serve on a mission and just make a hefty donation to the church.  

#45 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

Even the guys like Prisbell don't seem to have a clear understand on what's going on with LMac - just that it's an "eligibility issue"... The reports indicate it's for the designer mouth guard but who really knows.

Like I said earlier though - it may be in this team's best interest that they just go ahead and rule PJ ineligible and be on their merry way. He's a huge distraction and what people seem to forget (especially the idiot dookie in this thread) is that it wasn't PJ and a team full of scrubs. There are blue chip prospects, potential NBA players, MCDonald's AA, and highly touted players on Carolina's remaining roster. Not to mention we have one of the best coaches of all time on our bench. Are they going to win an NCAA title w/o Hairston? Prob not but they will still be competitive and compete nationally.

Awful quiet in here (and nationally) from the ABC retards and dook "fans" who were quick to throw UNC under the bus after the Belmont game. I haven't been listening to WFNZ today but I'd be willing to bet that the huge UNC win maybe got a quick mention and then moved on to Steelers talk.

LM's issue is he somehow got a $1500 mouthguard from Iceburg Guards who used his face on their website to promote their product. Iceburg was started by Dr. Spencer Howard who is a graduate of unc dentistry and is business partners and "cousins" with Fats Thomas. LM was also pulled over in a car that was not his, it was an associates of Fats car. PJ also had one of these mouth guards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.