• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Are we expecting to see Chris Scott back anytime soon?

#32 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

The line would look a lot better without the injuries. We still need to get rid of bell and find gross' replacement this offseason but I think we are ok at guard and center.

G is a huge need.

#33 taylor87

taylor87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

The summary of the last week is like this IMO.

-San Fran is a very tough D that is hard to run on, and we were playing a very physical game. Credit to their D.

-Patriots, we had a hard time stopping Brady, so we had to throw the ball a lot in a kind of shootout with him.

-Miami has a decent D-line and they had us in a two score hole in the first half. We had to throw it a little bit in order to catch back up. Honestly, I thought our run game was ok in the second half. We established the run on the first drive of the second half, and if you add in Cams runs, we had over 100 yards. Also we were able to run the ball when we needed too, which is more important than just plain stats.

I really like that last comment but I swear I heard the announcer from the game today say the same thing. No offense just an observation

#34 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

Williams is not playing well. He just isn't. We can't afford to keep playing him when we have the ability to be better.

He isn't the only issue, of course. But he's a part of it that could be addressed.

#35 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

the o line is the issue... not enough push 

#36 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Our run game statically looks good bc our QB is forced to run....

If Cam misses any time.....we won't move the ball anywhere. RBs can't run and no other QB can evade the rush our line allows

Our scheme wasn't good today. Some guys were missing blocks or just taking too long to wham around.

#37 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

Chris Scott/Ben Hartsock

#38 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

the o line is the issue... not enough push

Problem gets added to however, when the majority of carries go to the RB who deals with contact the worst and is the worst at making his on plays by moving bodies.

Tolbert, Stewart, Williams (order)almost makes the most sense based on line play.....we run it in reverse

#39 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Chris Scott/Ben Hartsock

Scott isn't any good

#40 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

Williams is not playing well. He just isn't. We can't afford to keep playing him when we have the ability to be better.

He isn't the only issue, of course. But he's a part of it that could be addressed.

In my opinion dwill isn't the problem It is just the type of player he is. You give him 20+ touches and he will get you yardage(he will break one or two runs) you just have to commit to him. However given they way our team is constructed he isn't getting that many carries so might as well just bench him and let Stewart and Tolbert do their thing.

#41 ozzy1023

ozzy1023

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

136 yards on the ground 4.6 ypc idk what you're talking about. 

#42 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,877 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

Deangelo - 141 Attempts 579 yards 4.1 avg

Stewart - 26            94                     3.6

Tolbert - 65               230                   3.5

#43 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

i think Hartsock is a bigger missing piece than Scott is. hopefully we get both back this week

#44 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

136 yards on the ground 4.6 ypc idk what you're talking about.

Cam has to step in and help them way too much....

We also run better out of "Cam" run looks. You just line up and run a RB with Cam under C? The ypc is a joke

#45 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

Problem gets added to however, when the majority of carries go to the RB who deals with contact the worst and is the worst at making his on plays by moving bodies.

Tolbert, Stewart, Williams (order)almost makes the most sense based on line play.....we run it in reverse

i wonder how long before Stew gets back to form... he kinda sucks right now. he's my favorite of the originals but this is not what i was hoping for... btw mike seemed to be shaken up at the end of the game! not good... we can't face NO looking like we did. Mia was 25th in stopping the run... smh i think NO is around 17.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com