Photo
- - - - -

3 Comeback Wins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#13 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Just to be clear, it wasn't always on the defense when we lost close games. There were plenty of opportunities for Cam that didn't happen as well.

But when people talk about "clutch", there have also been numerous times where we have taken the lead late and lost those games because the defense didn't hold those leads. If they had, his career 4QC and GWDs would look a lot different.

Well, Seattle does come to mind. Still, our defense blew it against Kansas City, Dallas, Tampa, and Atlanta.

#14 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

Well, Seattle does come to mind. Still, our defense blew it against Kansas City, Dallas, Tampa, and Atlanta.

Chicago too.  Even after the pick 6 when Smitty fell down, we made a field goal late to take the lead.  Then Cutler ran about 5,000 slants in a row and kicked his own field goal.

#15 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

Chicago too.  Even after the pick 6 when Smitty fell down, we made a field goal late to take the lead.  Then Cutler ran about 5,000 slants in a row and kicked his own field goal.

That was just horrible to witness. It became comical at that point. We had done so well up until that point.

#16 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

I'm glad we're winning the close games, and it does wonders for our team's confidence (which is by far the more important effect) but let me clear on this: there is no such thing in the sports world as "clutch."

Human beings have many wonderful traits, but also some glaring faults, and a combination of the two is that we're excellent at spotting patterns and trends, but the downside is we see patterns where none exist. That means we imagine that QB A who ends up succeeding one of their drives just because it happens to be the last one of the game gets viewed as clutch even if nothing else changed about the parameters of their performance.

So, I'm enjoying seeing some "clutch" play from Cam, but I'd much rather this team clean up their mistakes and get back to putting teams away early. Close games are not a recipe for continued success.

#17 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

It's like Carolina is just keeping games close now to prove they can. 4 blowouts and now 3 close games in a row. Me and my heart prefer the blowouts.

#18 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

I think it has something to do with playing 4 teams playing crappy and then 3 teams that were playing well.

#19 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

I think it has something to do with playing 4 teams playing crappy and then 3 teams that were playing well.

Well, two and Miami.

#20 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:07 AM

Denver could have used our D last night in the second half.

#21 footballisasport

footballisasport

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

What started as Cam's biggest weakness, due to whatever the national media decides, seems to have become a strength.

That's not just 3...it's 3 in a fuging row. Cam has ice in his veins and the confidence now to put it to use. In SF he lead us to a game winning FG. Against NE he found Ginn and this week that freak starts the drive by having to convert a long 4th down deep in his own territory en route to making several clutch throws AND a TD to Greg Olsen to steal the win after a horrendous start...on the road.

I don't know that Cam has "arrived", but I do know that he's damn close. Meanwhile Luck...RG3...SMF...lulz.

I guess you must have forgotten that this was the same kid whose team was down, I believe 28 to zero, to Bama in the Iron Bowl and brought Auburn back to win. I remember watching a college game, by accident, and some of those same Announcers who are hating on cam now, were saying the same thing you're saying...That he has ice in his veins.

I am glad Rivera is allowing Cam to be Cam. I just hope the team doesn't replace fixing the Offense issues because they know they have someone like him on the team.

#22 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

now that we know that rivera/cam can win close games and come from behind, lets go back to blowing teams put of the water, k?