8 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,400 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

Listen to the post game interviews the players and coaches are giving these days, and tell me you don't hear a different tone from prior years, or even earlier this year.

It's the kind of tone you hear from players who expect to win.

I'm trying to remember the last time I heard our guys sounding this way.

Nice to see the change.

#2 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,840 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

Let's put it this way...the last time this team had confidence like this we read about it in the paper. We couldn't listen to HD streams of post game pressers on the internet 10 years ago.

#3 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

Let's put it this way...the last time this team had confidence like this we read about it in the paper. We couldn't listen to HD streams of post game pressers on the internet 10 years ago.

This team was rightfully confident in 05 and 08 too.

Probably the most confidence I've seen from the fans and the team was after the undressing of Tampa after the 08 Monday night game and after we blanked the Giants in NY in the playoffs in '05.

#4 Olsen88

Olsen88

H.O.F Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationDouble Snow Land

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

beautiful, isn't it?

#5 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

Loved Smitty's interview after the game. He was talking about how poorly they executed in the first half and how they were going to have to buckle down and work harder.

In the twilight of his career, Smith knows how special this run is and how it could end up if they keep working at it. 

#6 Surs

Surs

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

Yeah, Smith's interview was good. I really enjoyed Mitchell's as well.

http://www.panthers....22-a989b20f2ea1

#7 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

I like Mitchell's. "Saints, bring it, Tampa Bay, Bring it, Atlanta, Bring it, you gotta play us!"

#8 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,400 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hearing Mitchell talk about how much he "loves this team" was fantastic.

That's the kind of thing you absolutely want to hear. It's much better than guys just drawing a paycheck.

#9 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

Hearing Mitchell talk about how much he "loves this team" was fantastic.

That's the kind of thing you absolutely want to hear. It's much better than guys just drawing a paycheck.

Mitchell's post game still has me pumped.  The guy loves playing here, loves that he's gotten his chance to shine, and loves this team, I truly expect we will be able to extend him with a contract that's fair for both sides, and hopefully cut Godfrey and give him some of that money.

This team is going to be a magnet for guys, our core is so talented and young, Gman will be able to pick and choose the pieces he wants to add.  No longer will you have to beg players to come here, they will want to come here.  As much as a disaster as it ended up being, I forsee the next few years being like the Eagles offseason a couple years ago, FA will flock to this team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com