Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

2ds22cm.jpg

http://sports.yahoo....--nfl.html?vp=1

Carolina quarterback Cam Newton is a heck of a football player. Turns out, he's not a bad actor, either.

Newton led another thrilling game-winning drive in a 20-16 win over Miami, hitting Greg Olsen for a 1-yard touchdown with 43 seconds left. One of the biggest plays of that drive was Newton flopping out of bounds.

So we're winning now, right? And the common phraseology over the past 4 years whenever someone would post a bad article about us was "the respect will come once we win," right? And now the common phraseology is "who cares what they say, we're winning!!"

All of that is true, but damn. Give credit where credit is due. Seven straight wins doesn't come because of two penalty flags near the end of games. It's 60 minutes of football, not "one play to win the game" football.

#2 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

did he not run for the 1st down on that play? they act like it was a drive saving penalty.

#3 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,639 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

Gotta love the excuses. 

#4 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

Ok we'll give back that flag if they give back the minute and a half on the clock from the incorrect challenge ruling.

#5 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,170 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:11 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

They're not saying that was the play that gave us the win; if anything, it's a sign of Cam's savviness. But here's the reality: the defender hit him late, and Cam sold the penalty. Nothing wrong with that, the defender has to be smart enough to know he had no reason to even touch him.

#6 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

Who cares what they think. We're on top of the world right now, nothing can bring us down!! *Mike Mitchell emotional voice*

#7 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,241 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

i actually thought the opposite was going to happen. i thought people would dick ride hard when we started winning.

we are genuinely a hated team and i think it all starts with our starting qb. the reader comments on some of these articles with backhanded comments like, "cam is just like jamarcus russell, the defense wins them games" stuff like that makes me realize Cam will always be a polarizing sports figure. nothing is going to change that.

i guess i shouldnt have been so naive.

#8 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

He slipped and fell out of bounds on that synthetic surface they use on the sidelines.  Plenty of folks have goten hurt on that surface  as well.  It was hardly intentional.

#9 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

They're not saying that was the play that gave us the win; if anything, it's a sign of Cam's savviness. But here's the reality: the defender hit him late, and Cam sold the penalty. Nothing wrong with that, the defender has to be smart enough to know he had no reason to even touch him.

I think it's a passive-aggressive way to take a shot at Cam. The whole "look at his smile after he sold the penalty" just makes it seem as if they're making him out to be sly and sneaky but in a bad way. 

#10 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,170 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:18 AM

If you all have been paying any attention Schwab has been on the Panthers bandwagon from even before the start of the season. And Cam absolutely sold the penalty (or flopped, call it what you want.) But guess what, the defender made it easy. Any QB with half a brain was going to take full advantage right then, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

#11 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

i actually thought the opposite was going to happen. i thought people would dick ride hard when we started winning.

we are genuinely a hated team and i think it all starts with our starting qb. the reader comments on some of these articles with backhanded comments like, "cam is just like jamarcus russell, the defense wins them games" stuff like that makes me realize Cam will always be a polarizing sports figure. nothing is going to change that.

i guess i shouldnt have been so naive.

Nah, most people like us it's just that Yahoo has a poo ton of racists in the comments

#12 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

Edited in this picture that leads to the article, which is much worse than the article itself.

2ds22cm.jpg

#13 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

The Cam hate is a never ending headache. It's difficult for most to accept a confident young black man, who isn't trying to Carlton Banks himself to be accepted. Keep being you Cam.

#14 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,241 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

Nah, most people like us it's just that Yahoo has a poo ton of racists in the comments

yah but i've read that on different sites, not just yahoo.

Cam rubs some people the wrong way. especially the older generations that don't like td celebrations.

#15 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

What? Did he or did he not get hit/pushed after he was already out of bounds? I've watched the replay several times and it's a clear penalty. Wtf is this poo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.