Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric Ebron- UNC entering draft

72 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ebron is basically a wide-receiver

OL and WR are tied for our biggest needs

CB is number two

I swear if we draft a MFin RB this year I'm going have a conniption 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Not only did he shut Clowney down, Hurst was one of the highest graded college players that week and NFL scouts took notice. Hurst's play against Clowney that game may have single handedly propelled him into the first round. And I got news for ya too homeboy, when Hurst does get drafted, the highlight tapes that ESPN shows, ya know the game tapes that McShay and Kiper talk about? They're all going to be of Hurst manhandling Clowney. 

I've got news for you, "homeboy". 27-10.

Also, please show me these grades that you see and all these scouts that have told you that Hurst dominated Clowney.

Posted · Report post

If he is on the board, he will be the pick. He would be bpa but I doubt he gets out the top 15 because he is that good.remember Vernon Davis was a top 10 pick, this guy has that type of ability, but not as fast.

Posted · Report post

Hes a top 20 pick

Posted · Report post

I don't have a dog in this fight but Hurst held his own against Clowney.  Dominate him i don't know but he showed up and people took notice. 

[youtube]http://youtu.be/41ow8gODsPg[\youtube]

Posted · Report post

I want a Gronk type te. I say draft Austin Seferian-Jenkins?

Posted · Report post

Football is fun to debate bc of the chicken or egg arguments.

When Cam broke two tackles to roll out in the Miami game..not one WR/TE got open. That is sorta a problem we have to stop ignoring. It would not have mattered if we had LT-Joe Thomas and three other Pro Bowl OLinemen.

OL is a HUGE issue but so are big time offensive playmakers. Ebron is a huge target with hands...imagine if we had a Jimmy Graham...Olsen is nice but he is not a game changer.

The Atlanta falcons designed their offense around the pass. Around having he ability to move the ball down the field. Look where that has gotten them.

The NFL has always, and will always, be decided by two things. Your QB and the battle in the trenches.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

OL

OL

CB

CB

BPA

BPA

BPA

BPA

I think a playmaker on offense is needed in the first 3 picks as well.

Posted · Report post

The Atlanta falcons designed their offense around the pass. Around having he ability to move the ball down the field. Look where that has gotten them.

The NFL has always, and will always, be decided by two things. Your QB and the battle in the trenches.

you cannot be designed around the pass if you do not address the OL, which the falcons didnt do. no offense will be successful if you do not have time(falcons), and this team does need to invest in OL early. but this team also needs playmakers that can catch the ball, you should have a balance of both i think.if Ebron or a play making WR is on board and is bpa, you have to take them over reaching for a OL.

now you can reach for anybody, and say he was bpa, which a lot of teams do, but this team needs a consistent threat as a receiver (WR or TE), and OL.

Posted · Report post

i wouldn't hate it.

Posted · Report post

can this guy block like a muhfucka?

Posted · Report post

OBPA and he could very well be it if available.  

Our offseason building process is very similar to early Fox era.  Year 1-Establish a foundation; Year 2-Defense focus; Year 3: Offense

I would be pumped if we got him and I'm confident Shula can integrate dual TEs in our game plans well.  

R1 - OBPA

R2 - OBPA

Remaining picks - BPA