Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

Eric Ebron- UNC entering draft

72 posts in this topic

How many times do we have to go over this.

Just as the infusion of talent along the DLine has made our secondary much much better (besides the bombing we took Sunday),

the infusion of talent on the OLine will make our TE's QB, RB's and WR's much better.  Time is a wonderful thing for a QB and deadly for a secondary

I'm a huge Unc fan, but it all depends on how the draft falls. If a similarly talented Cb or Ot were available at the pick we have to go that route. A 2nd TE is more a luxury at this point. So if a Justin Gilbert is there, we need to go that route.

How many times do we have to go over this.

Just as the infusion of talent along the DLine has made our secondary much much better (besides the bombing we took Sunday),

the infusion of talent on the OLine will make our TE's QB, RB's and WR's much better.  Time is a wonderful thing for a QB and deadly for a secondary

but one can also make the argument that 2 out of the 3 losses came from that secondary because there are ways to beat a good pass rush.yes the OL needs an infusion of talent but so does the talent at WR or TE. the 49ers are a great example of this, beast OL with little to no weapons.both positions need to be addressed.

1 person likes this

I like ebon but I think austin jenkins is a better fit for us. he is 6'6 275. he blocks way better than ebon. he is basically a bigger more athletic hartstock who can catch. he is a walking mismatch more similar to gronk and Jimmy than ebon is. ebon to be is just a more athletic Olsen. I also agree that TE is not a luxury. your basically getting a blocker and a weapon in one. I mean we would have taken Tyler eifert last year if star didn't fall so I can't be that much of a luxury to the Gman. dual TE sets go right along with our identity. run the ball first and pass when there's 8 in the box

1 person likes this

I like ebon but I think austin jenkins is a better fit for us. he is 6'6 275. he blocks way better than ebon. he is basically a bigger more athletic hartstock who can catch. he is a walking mismatch more similar to gronk and Jimmy than ebon is. ebon to be is just a more athletic Olsen. I also agree that TE is not a luxury. your basically getting a blocker and a weapon in one. I mean we would have taken Tyler eifert last year if star didn't fall so I can't be that much of a luxury to the Gman. dual TE sets go right along with our identity. run the ball first and pass when there's 8 in the box
I wished we could draft both of those TEs and run a three TE set to mind fug the NFL. Could you imagine Olsen, Jenkins, and Ebon with Donald and Smitty. CBs might be fast enough to keep up but can they out muscle them, I say nope. Plus those TEs are athletic enough to split wide. Sent from my DROID X2 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I wished we could draft both of those TEs and run a three TE set to mind fug the NFL. Could you imagine Olsen, Jenkins, and Ebon with Donald and Smitty. CBs might be fast enough to keep up but can they out muscle them, I say nope. Plus those TEs are athletic enough to split wide. Sent from my DROID X2 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I think drafting two would be to much. we could still run 3 TE with Olsen harstock and jenkins. I'd rather the other pick be a wr

I think drafting two would be to much. we could still run 3 TE with Olsen harstock and jenkins. I'd rather the other pick be a wr
True true, we do need a replacement #1 WR. I can just imagine if we drafted those two TEs to max blocking and receiving. Hartsock is a hell of a blocker but his receiving skills are iffy. Sent from my DROID X2 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Ben Hartsock is no spring chicken at 33. Sent from my DROID X2 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Ben Hartsock is no spring chicken at 33.Sent from my DROID X2 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

true. even more reason to draft a TE