71 replies to this topic

#16 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

No doubt...Ebron will be a stud...just not for us.  Would love to have him but we all know this team has more pressing needs.

#17 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

No doubt...Ebron will be a stud...just not for us.  Would love to have him but we all know this team has more pressing needs.

I just feel like he's going to be a can't miss draft pick. We didn't need Kuekly when we drafted him and look how that's turned out. He's going to get DMVP votes. The KK Short pick was a head scratcher and that's been a pleasant surprise. I'd rather take a guy who is going to be able to contribute immediately and could develop into one of the premiere at his position. And like I said, it appears the Panthers/Gettleman were sniffing around Tyler Eifert before the draft so there could be a big interest in EE. This draft is supposed to be deep as hell with OL so there's a good chance we could still grab a quality player later. 

#18 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

I have, for a long time, wanted the Panthers to draft Ebron when he declared for the draft. The guy is a beast.

#19 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'd take him in the third round.

#20 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'd take him in the third round.

So would I. Unfortunately, he may not last past the first 20 picks. James Hurst (the OT who completely shut down Jadaveon Clowney week 1) is another UNC player who could go in the first round. He has a better chance of being there when we pick than Ebron does. 

#21 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

He's a good player but that is kind of like spending 2 first round picks on rb's or lb's in a four year spam. You don't need to spend all your resources on 1 position only some team with a stupid GM would do something...... oh wait. Forget I said anything.

As said about Kuchley...Kawann Short

#22 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hurst shut down Clowney? I guess running every single play the opposite direction of Clowney constitutes as "shutting him down" nowadays.

#23 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

We had Tyler Eifert no.2 on the draft board so....

#24 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hurst shut down Clowney? I guess running every single play the opposite direction of Clowney constitutes as "shutting him down" nowadays.

Not only did he shut Clowney down, Hurst was one of the highest graded college players that week and NFL scouts took notice. Hurst's play against Clowney that game may have single handedly propelled him into the first round. And I got news for ya too homeboy, when Hurst does get drafted, the highlight tapes that ESPN shows, ya know the game tapes that McShay and Kiper talk about? They're all going to be of Hurst manhandling Clowney. 

#25 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Ebron is basically a wide-receiver

OL and WR are tied for our biggest needs

CB is number two

I swear if we draft a MFin RB this year I'm going have a conniption 

#26 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

Not only did he shut Clowney down, Hurst was one of the highest graded college players that week and NFL scouts took notice. Hurst's play against Clowney that game may have single handedly propelled him into the first round. And I got news for ya too homeboy, when Hurst does get drafted, the highlight tapes that ESPN shows, ya know the game tapes that McShay and Kiper talk about? They're all going to be of Hurst manhandling Clowney. 

I've got news for you, "homeboy". 27-10.

Also, please show me these grades that you see and all these scouts that have told you that Hurst dominated Clowney.

#27 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

If he is on the board, he will be the pick. He would be bpa but I doubt he gets out the top 15 because he is that good.remember Vernon Davis was a top 10 pick, this guy has that type of ability, but not as fast.

#28 Camsfanclub

Camsfanclub

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hes a top 20 pick

#29 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

I don't have a dog in this fight but Hurst held his own against Clowney.  Dominate him i don't know but he showed up and people took notice. 

[youtube][\youtube]

#30 ecu88

ecu88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

I want a Gronk type te. I say draft Austin Seferian-Jenkins?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com