Photo
- - - - -

Eric Ebron- UNC entering draft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#49 ecu88

ecu88

Big Macher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Ben Hartsock is no spring chicken at 33. Sent from my DROID X2 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#50 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Ben Hartsock is no spring chicken at 33.Sent from my DROID X2 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

true. even more reason to draft a TE

#51 ecu88

ecu88

Big Macher

HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

I hope in the future the Panthers start using 2 te set formations again. The success rate Cam with that set was out of this world with Shockey and Olsen. Sent from my DROID X2 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#52 Panther53521

Panther53521

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

If we pick in the High 20's in the draft ... do we draft a TE to keep Atlanta from taking him because you know Atlanta will be looking for TE. Atlanta never drafts for need ... which they need OL and DL

#53 KDawg004

KDawg004

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

I think Ebron is a way better option than ASJ. Amaro and Ebron are the only TE's worth our 1st IMHO. But if ASJ is around for us in the 2nd, I'd definitely draft him to pair with Olsen.

#54 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

I think Ebron is a way better option than ASJ. Amaro and Ebron are the only TE's worth our 1st IMHO. But if ASJ is around for us in the 2nd, I'd definitely draft him to pair with Olsen.

not so sure. I'll take amaro over them all but I like asj over ebron. asj is a way better blocker than both which helps our run game and he weighs 275. he is also taller. ebron really only plays te because he's too big to play receiver. I'll rather take a mismatch tight end rather than a typical pass catching one. amaro will be gone before we pick with Atlanta and green bay and the bucs wanting tight ends

#55 KDawg004

KDawg004

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

not so sure. I'll take amaro over them all but I like asj over ebron. asj is a way better blocker than both which helps our run game and he weighs 275. he is also taller. ebron really only plays te because he's too big to play receiver. I'll rather take a mismatch tight end rather than a typical pass catching one. amaro will be gone before we pick with Atlanta and green bay and the bucs wanting tight ends

Amaro could certainly be gone within the top 15 picks should he declare. I think you're underselling Ebron's ability to block. He's a competent and willing blocker. ASJ is a solid choice. I just think Ebron is more of a receiving threat. ASJ also looks a little sluggish to me at times.

#56 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

Size is not detrimental. Look at Reed in Washington, for example. Ebron is possibly the most athletic and explosive TE in the draft. Similar to size, speed is very much a disadvantage for defenders and Eric is a burner for a TE. Go over Miami's tape, The U has an athletic secondary and he obliterated them in the first half. In addition, while ASJ is the best run blocker in the draft, there isn't a major dropoff between him and Ebron. In fact, Ebron might be the better overall blocker considering Seferian-Jenkins is quite average in pass protection.

#57 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

Size is not detrimental. Look at Reed in Washington, for example. Ebron is possibly the most athletic and explosive TE in the draft. Similar to size, speed is very much a disadvantage for defenders and Eric is a burner for a TE. Go over Miami's tape, The U has an athletic secondary and he obliterated them in the first half. In addition, while ASJ is the best run blocker in the draft, there isn't a major dropoff between him and Ebron. In fact, Ebron might be the better overall blocker considering Seferian-Jenkins is quite average in pass protection.

size isn't detrimental but it is definitely a plus. ebron is explosive but so is asj. I believe ebron runs a 4.55 and asj runs a 4.6. so why not take the better run blocking. a dual threat TE shouldn't be pass blocking anyway, he should be getting open. the cardinal rule is you can't teach height. also note that 6'6 275 is a walking mismatch. defenses hate that.

#58 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

size isn't detrimental but it is definitely a plus. ebron is explosive but so is asj. I believe ebron runs a 4.55 and asj runs a 4.6. so why not take the better run blocking. a dual threat TE shouldn't be pass blocking anyway, he should be getting open. the cardinal rule is you can't teach height. also note that 6'6 275 is a walking mismatch. defenses hate that.

Ebron has been recorded running a 4.47 and a 4.49, and judging by how badly he burns LBs and DBs in the open field I tend to believe that. So yeah, I'd take that over a 4.6. It's a significant advantage for a 6'4, 245 lb target. You can't teach speed either.

Like I said, blocking is a wash considering Ebron is a better pass blocker than Seferian-Jenkins.

#59 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

The Panthers certainly have several needs OL probably #1...I would really like to take a look at the Panthers predraft board and see how they have all the players,Ebron included, rated

#60 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

HUDDLER

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

if he's there at 33. falcons pick him.