#61 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Ebron has been recorded running a 4.47 and a 4.49, and judging by how badly he burns LBs and DBs in the open field I tend to believe that. So yeah, I'd take that over a 4.6. It's a significant advantage for a 6'4, 245 lb target. You can't teach speed either.

Like I said, blocking is a wash considering Ebron is a better pass blocker than Seferian-Jenkins.

like i said. PASS BLOCKING is irrelevant for an pass catching TE. what sense does it make for him to pass block. a RUN BLOCKING TE in is WAY better, especially for us. he blocks great during the run and can go catch the ball during play action. 

but i wouldnt rage if we took Ebon i just think why sign another Greg Olsen. why not add a Hartstock that can catch

#62 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,917 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

like i said. PASS BLOCKING is irrelevant for an pass catching TE. what sense does it make for him to pass block. a RUN BLOCKING TE in is WAY better, especially for us. he blocks great during the run and can go catch the ball during play action.

but i wouldnt rage if we took Ebon i just think why sign another Greg Olsen. why not add a Hartstock that can catch

That makes no sense. If we're just bringing in ASJ because we're a running squad then why keep Olsen while we're at it. The point is Ebron is a TE with rare athleticism (UNC uses him as a DE, RB and WR). On top of it all, he can block in both aspects of the game.

That's why.

#63 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

That makes no sense. If we're just bringing in ASJ because we're a running squad then why keep Olsen while we're at it. The point is Ebron is a TE with rare athleticism (UNC uses him as a DE, RB and WR). On top of it all, he can block in both aspects of the game.

That's why.

it does make sense. we are a RUNNING SQUAD, thats our identity so we should keep that and find someone who fits KEEPPOUNDING.

why keep Olsen??? to run 2 TE Sets DUHHHHH

rare athleticism is Vernon Davis running a 4.3. Ebron aint doing that. he is just a TE that is to big to play WR

and again i dont hate the guy, i just believe ASJ is a better fit for our IDENTITY

#64 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,917 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

it does make sense. we are a RUNNING SQUAD, thats our identity so we should keep that and find someone who fits KEEPPOUNDING.

why keep Olsen??? to run 2 TE Sets DUHHHHH

rare athleticism is Vernon Davis running a 4.3. Ebron aint doing that. he is just a TE that is to big to play WR

and again i dont hate the guy, i just believe ASJ is a better fit for our IDENTITY

Your logic is astounding.

#65 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

Your logic is astounding.

thanks. glad you see the light

#66 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,549 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

as mentioned before, Ebron is no slouch at blocking. one area he needed to improve on, and did.

#67 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,513 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

Look, I'm a huge UNC guy, I've been graced with Eric's greatness even before he was a widely known name, but it's not what we need to be doing right now.

We have glaring needs on the o-line and whether you like to admit it or not, the WR position. A second TE for two sets is nice and all, but it's a commodity that isn't needed.

Yeah, but some of those "glaring needs" will be fixed once people get healthy. We have lost about 7 olinemen this year. I agree that we need oline help but at the end of the 1st round when there are Silatolu type olinemen and Eric Ebron who would you honestly take to help this team the most in the immediate future and the long run. Ebron would instantly be the best WR on the team. He honestly doesn't even have to line up at TE.

#68 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,793 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

Yeah, but some of those "glaring needs" will be fixed once people get healthy. We have lost about 7 olinemen this year. I agree that we need oline help but at the end of the 1st round when there are Silatolu type olinemen and Eric Ebron who would you honestly take to help this team the most in the immediate future and the long run. Ebron would instantly be the best WR on the team. He honestly doesn't even have to line up at TE.

Byron Bell and a ready to retire Jordan Gross wont cut it at tackle for very long. Let alone the guard problems.

#69 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,549 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

considering what we seen in a DG draft so far, if the #1 TE is on the board, and so is #5 OT, and #3 WR, who will DG pick?

#70 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,917 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

considering what we seen in a DG draft so far, if the #1 TE is on the board, and so is #5 OT, and #3 WR, who will DG pick?

He believes in the trenches and weapons.

I can easily see him take E. Ebron but he could just as easily take a guy like C. Richardson if he's still on the board.

#71 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,585 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

1st: Ebron, North Carolina
2nd: Robinson, Penn State

Profit

This would be my dream draft

#72 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,917 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

This would be my dream draft

Me too.

If either Robinson or Ebron are be gone, I wouldn't mind Dennard too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com