• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Deebo

Deebo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

If it was brady or brees that was hit the way cam was yesterday..he would have been ejected from the game.

They can make that B.S call on the 49ers player hit on brees but you couldnt call an helmet to helmet hit on cam.

Only the mannings, bradys, brees and rodgers are given full protectiong.

#2 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

perks of winning a superbowl

#3 Deebo

Deebo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

perks of winning a superbowl

I don't think so...I have notice it too with guys like vick and rg3,,The league have said they will protect the qb more...but seems they don't care about dual threat qbs.

#4 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Refs hate black people.

-Kanye

#5 pfish68

pfish68

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

I will say the helment to helment should have been called and those guys get that call most of the time, however Cam got a big time qb call when they called the push out of bounds thats a call big time qbs get every single time and thats the first time i can remember him getting one like that.

#6 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

They don't protect jay cutler or stafford either really. Brees, brady, manning, rodgers, are the top 5 qbs of the league. They will get top billing protection always. Basically what I'm saying is if you're not a top 5 qb don't expect the refs to blow the whistle.

#7 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

goingplaces.jpg

#8 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

This thread looks kinda silly considering the flag along the sidelines could have easily remained in the refs pocket.

#9 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Cam is only in his third year and is probably the main reason he doesn't get the respect of the older Super Bowl wiinning QB's. I feel it's just a matter of time before the refs start giving him due respect as  the wins continue mounting.

I often wonder if Cams large size ( as opposed to QB's like Drew  Brees) doesn't work against him on getting some close roughing the passer type calls.

#10 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

Cam is only in his third year and is probably the main he doesn't get the respect of the older Super Bowl wiinning QB's. I feel it's just a matter of time before the refs start giving him due respect as  the wins continue mounting.

I often wonder if Cams large size ( as opposed to QB's like Drew  Brees) doesn't work against him on getting some close roughing the passer type calls.

That too, bigger players playing the qb position probably don't get the benefit of the doubt.

#11 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,350 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Rivera stated he is sending tape of the hit to the league.

I read that the official that would have thrown the flag was blocked from seeing the play, which is a problem obviously.

#12 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

I've seen Cam get some questionable calls in his favor and then I've seen him take big hits to the head or late hits and nothing is called. You would really have to break it down by each referee crew to see any patterns. It does feel like he's gotten less calls since he established himself as a physical QB.

#13 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

I don't think so...I have notice it too with guys like vick and rg3,,The league have said they will protect the qb more...but seems they don't care about dual threat qbs.

Be careful what you wish for.. When a pile of defenders get to a Manning, they blow the play dead. We all know Cam can break lose of 3 or 4 guys and run for 20 yards. You want the same still of reffing for Cam, that may actually limit his potential.

#14 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

That too, bigger players playing the qb position probably don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah this is called the Shaq rule. When you violently hit a big man it looks less egregious then hitting a little shrimp like Brees.

#15 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

I will say the helment to helment should have been called and those guys get that call most of the time, however Cam got a big time qb call when they called the push out of bounds thats a call big time qbs get every single time and thats the first time i can remember him getting one like that.

This.  It ended up balancing out.  The refs missed one that probably should've been called, but then we got one in a late game situation that we probably shouldn't have.

I'm a lot more peeved about the two "going to the ground" catches that the Dolphins got the benefit of the doubt on that looked clear as day to be incompletions based on the rules as they are currently written.  I think it's a dumb rule, but it's a rule none the less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com