Photo
- - - - -

The Refs don't protect guys like Cam

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#37 B.BERSIN

B.BERSIN

H.O.F Cats Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

Cam's neck is stronger than Brees's, so...

#38 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

What a load this thread is, somebody crying about officiating after the breaks we have gotten the last two games. Give it a rest.

The Charles Clay reception on the sidelines?  How on earth was there enough visual evidence to overturn that?  The Wallace reception was just as dicey, but if ur not going to overturn that for us then the refs shouldn't have overturned the Clay catch for Philbin.  I've seen countless instances of WRs making catches like that being ruled incomplete because they didn't retain possession to the ground.

What about the leg whip on CJ vs the Pats?  The 2 Logan Mankins headbutts?  The last scuffle between Smith and Talib that got Talib benched?

The Vernon Davis non-fumble was by far the worst.  I don't understand how that wasn't a fumble.  Catch, clear possession, MULTIPLE football moves, MULTIPLE steps, and moving the ball upfield... thats a catch, run and fumble if I've ever seen one.

#39 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

I understand the outrage. But it wasn't as obvious as the Brees hit. The ref that would have called it was directly behind Cam, and his head didn't really get knocked back.

The official had a bad angle. I don't like it, but if you watch the play you'll see that the guy simply couldn't see what happened.

The problem is that they shouldn't be in a bad position from the get go.

The ref to the left of the screen was "behind" Cam and couldn't see it. but what about this guy??

Attached File  cam_wake_hit_cannot_see.jpg   364.02KB   0 downloads

As seen in the next plays camera view... there are 2 refs back there....

Attached File  2_refs.jpg   392.55KB   0 downloads

And look at Newton and Wake. they are both looking up to the ref. I'm sure they both expected a flag... but nothing. And THAT ref I'm sure could see the hit.

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...

#40 mc52beast

mc52beast

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

Saw a qb(white) get hit in the same fashion as Brees did when Brooks got flagged and no penalty was called... this ain't about race, it's about protecting the marquee names. Don't worry, Cam will be in that class very soon.

#41 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Didn't read this whole thread, but did an idiot make this out to be a race issue?