I started this in reply to the Boston game but figured it needed it own thread. You can reply with your random thoughts aswell......
- IMHO, we are still trying to get our lottery pick. tanking games doesn't mean players playing bad- it means choosing rotations that will not win the game. you cannot ask a player to miss a shot on purpose, but you can play lineups that obviously have a weakness on defense or scoring. i think we know that losing to Boston of all teams illustrates this. not only do we take a loss, but we give a win to another lottery team = improving our chances in the draft
- i think we need to trade Sessions before the deadline. teams will see his scoring #'s and make a trade not knowing it is just going to the hole and throwing up a hail mary hoping to get fouled and then making a living at the FT line. Pargo or another PG that mainly distributes coming off the bench will help our team chemistry.
maybe package Session + Portland's 1st round pick for a better/higher 1st rounder
- Ben Gordon's contract will be eaten up by us- the money coming off the books is way more valuable than what he could net us in a trade, IMO. seeing him riding the bench whith the obvious problems at SG and the crappy shooting just proves this more IMO
- Biz's lack of minutes lately is concerning to me. is he hurt or what? is his value in Clifford's eyes going down?
- SG has to be the #1 area to upgrade. Trading Hendo before the deadline might not be out of the question. His contract is good for what we get out of him, especially if you contrast it with say Mayo's contract
$6 mil = Hendo- 14pts/5reb/2.5ast
$8 mil = Mayo- 15ps/3.5reb/2.5ast
even though he gives us migraines sometimes- teams will be willing to trade an asset for that type of production/cost
- i don't think Taylor is everything we though he could be. I'd like to give him the start for like a month and make that judgement afterwards- just to see.. would be very interesting to see
- McRoberts leading the team in assists is concerning. are we running the triangle? i thought Kemba would average at least +2 ast more a game since Big Al was signed. maybe they haven't gelled completely yet
- Zeller needs some special sauce seasoning and another year in the oven to settle down- he looks like Tyler Hansbrough sloppy, goofy, two left shoes type of game. he's def not written off but i will give him a year to get comfortable.
i said in another thread- his production in the Summer league gives him extra time in my book
- the brightest spot in the whole roster IMO is Jeff Adrien. Guy gives it ALL when he is out there. Blocks, rebounds and scores some. Great bench player that I didn't think would amount to much when we signed him. his PER is second on the team at 18.58 behind Jefferson's 19.77