Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam Newton is going to do something this season that no quarterback in the history of the franchise has ever done

65 posts in this topic

Posted

I still say WR or TE is our biggest concern. Im not sold on LaFell and I think there are better options out there. There have been many times Cam has had to throw the ball away or force a pass because no one was open.  Other than that Oline Oline Oline.

3 people like this

Posted

Pretty impressive considering our WR core is pretty mediocre (Olsen isn't even a WR).

Posted

Beuerlein was in a WCO. Stats are always inflated in that offense.

I don't know how much I buy the 'good receivers' argument. 'Adequate receivers' is probably about as high a praise as I'm willing to offer.

2 people like this

Posted

yep. cammy cam is on pace to throw for about 600 yards less than his career average, but in all relevant categories he's having the best season of his career.

Posted

I like Donald Lafell.  He's is right up there with Steven Smith. 

6 people like this

Posted

I've said it before and I'll say it again, people think #2 receivers these days should have 1,200 yards and 7 touchdowns. LaFell is fine. He's gotten better every single year and although he's had some tough drops, he's made some fantastic plays.

4 people like this

Posted

I still say WR or TE is our biggest concern. Im not sold on LaFell and I think there are better options out there. There have been many times Cam has had to throw the ball away or force a pass because no one was open.  Other than that Oline Oline Oline.

agreed. we won't ever be an elite offense with the receivers we have right now.

Posted

Hope Smitty can have a couple of big games to push him over the 1000 yard mark.

5 people like this

Posted

Ginn needs to catch the ball is he's going to be considered a deep threat. Right now hes basicly a decoy

1 person likes this

Posted

I really hope Gettle doesn't believe he's fixed the WR position because of the improvement of Ginn, but I have a feeling he just might do that and believe Corner and line depth is our only needs.

Posted

I've said it before and I'll say it again, people think #2 receivers these days should have 1,200 yards and 7 touchdowns. LaFell is fine. He's gotten better every single year and although he's had some tough drops, he's made some fantastic plays.

Lafell is more of a 3 honestly. He is ok. We could do better.