Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam is a smoldering fire

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh he's smoldering

cam1-550x450.jpg

Posted

The offense they are running suits the defense perfectly. If you notice, when they have struggled it has been when Shula gets pass happy on first and third downs or gets too tricky with the play calling. Grind it out, minimize mistakes, and go for the jugular when it matters. It keeps the defense fresh in the fourth quarter and I really think that has been the difference maker in these close games.

I'd rather have an o-line that can road grade and pass protect before worrying about a shiny big play wideout.

1 person likes this

Posted

We need to go for a number 1 wr who not only has speed but has really good hands. 

Posted

We'll need to double dip on weapons early in my opinion (WR, TE).

Posted

Just win. He could throw for a million yards, throw a thousand TDs, run a hundred TDs, and commit 0 turnovers; and the media would still not give him credit. We are winning. No prob in improving, but its workin.

Posted

To OP: 

You forgot a BETTER OFFENSIVE LINE/LINEMAN (affecting many of the things you said)!!

Plus, Cam may very well have some big yard games coming up in the next 5? We'll see?

But [yes] the team certainly needs to upgrade their OL, Receivers, and play calling. 

Barner, may need to be released as well. 

Posted

Here's the stat you omitted - 8-3.

1 person likes this

Posted

You know how our Dline makes the entire D look better? The same goes for OL/ offense.

AJ Greens and Megatrons are rare. Don't be surprised if we don't draft a WR at all. Gettleman believes in the trenches and rightfully so. If given time, Cam can make Steve, Ted, and Donald look a lot better.

1 person likes this

Posted

Our o line and WRs are holding Cam back moreso than Shula.

2 people like this

Posted

Cam's Passing Numbers through 11 games

208/337

2353 Yds.

17Td's/9Int

61.9%

Right now hes on pace for

303/490

25/13

Rushing Wise

Currently he has

379 Yd's

5 TD's

31 First Down Runs

On pace for

551 Yd's

7 TD's

45 First Down Runs

On the year that would put Cam's totals at:

3974 APY

32 Total Td's

14 TO's(Factor in a fumble)

With that all being said, I feel as if Cam can do so much better. I feel like sometimes, Shula puts chains on Cam and restrains him from opening up and utilizing all his abilities. Cam I feel could rush for more yards a game, could very easily throw for more yards. While he would surpass his Passing TD's from both his first and second year, his completion % is lower than you would want it to be

(These numbers could be better if it weren't for some drops)

Do you think Cam (and the entire offense) will get better if:

A. Shula opened up the offense more, went more vertical, and stretched more of the field

or

B. Getty drafts a legitimate WR that can extend the field and builds the offense with more weapons.

or

C. Option A is going to happen if option B happens.

*Disclaimer: I am loving this win streak and love the way Cam has been playing. This is just to raise discussion, plus, I'm stalling from my physics homework.

I think the offense will be better if we add pieces on offense (B). Targets and more WR and another good TE.

I also think Cam's numbers would be better if we turned him loose, we never really do that. We only throw if the gameplan dictates it. I think Rivera and co. like to keep his attempts under 40. We don't throw in the red zone often and he's never really allowed to throw for 300 yards.

Posted

It doesn't matter who we have at WR if Cam is on his back or running for his life which has happened too frequently this year. I know we will get some guys back from injury next year on the Oline but I would make sure my franchise QB is protected before I would worry about who he is throwing to. Cam has looked very good to great in every game this year when hes had time to throw, even with this sub par group of WRs.

1 person likes this

Posted

We need to go for a number 1 wr who not only has speed but has really good hands. 

It's going to be hard to find with the 32nd and 64th pick this year .............

3 people like this