Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam is a smoldering fire

63 posts in this topic

Posted

It doesn't matter who we have at WR if Cam is on his back or running for his life which has happened too frequently this year. I know we will get some guys back from injury next year on the Oline but I would make sure my franchise QB is protected before I would worry about who he is throwing to. Cam has looked very good to great in every game this year when hes had time to throw, even with this sub par group of WRs.

If we are waiting on Silatolu.....  Our draft had better be OL, OL, OL, ..............

Posted

I'm saying he can be better.  Hes doing this with an old Smitty, a bust WR, and decent 2 option (Lafell) and a pretty damn good TE.

Just imagine if he had just ONE really good WR

We are 8-3.....7 wins in a row.

Our offense is balanced and we are winning.

What you are saying is that you like Madden and want our QB to have higher stats......not smart.

Posted

Sure Cam can be better.  It's only his third year.  

I'm happy with where he is now, and we're showing we can win tough, close games with him.   We're also showing we can blow teams out with him.  He's shown a range of abilities this season and has proven he is ultra deadly in the passing game when it counts.

I'd like to see us shore up the OL and get Cam another weapon or two.  Along with that, he's going to keep getting better. 

I'm not worried about changing the gameplan tremendously right now.  Tweak for each opponent.  Control the clock and the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sure Cam can be better.  It's only his third year.  

I'm happy with where he is now, and we're showing we can win tough, close games with him.   We're also showing we can blow teams out with him.  He's shown a range of abilities this season and has proven he is ultra deadly in the passing game when it counts.

I'd like to see us shore up the OL and get Cam another weapon or two.  Along with that, he's going to keep getting better. 

I'm not worried about changing the gameplan tremendously right now.  Tweak for each opponent.  Control the clock and the game.

Exactly.

I would love to add a weapon or two at WR or TE (either draft of FA).  But, Cam has shown that he is dangerous with the weapons we have now IF the OL gives him a little time.

OL is the biggest issue....followed by CB....then comes WR.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah I'm in the boat of been there seen that. Anywhere around 35 TDs on a team most deem defensive in nature is in my opinion outstanding. I still believe we need more production and scores from the RBs. I'd like to see 15 TDs split between the running backs by this point.

Posted

1361478083_dave-chappelle-spit-hot-fire-

Posted

Who cares about Cam's stats when we are winning games. He had a lot of critics when he was breaking records statistically, but still losing games. Now that we are winning games, you want to criticize the play calling and personnel around him for why he is not producing the stats that someone thinks he should be...

Beggars cannot be choosers my friends. Be happy with the W's and if they keep piling up for Cam's career as they are this season, he won't need the gawdy stats to become our 2nd HOF'er to Smitty.

3 people like this

Posted

i dont agree at all Shula has held him back, sorry if people want stats but wins come first, and I'm okay with that.  this offense is much more precise, dictative and made to compliment the defense.

Posted

We'll need to double dip on weapons early in my opinion (WR, TE).

Would much rather have a starting OT in the 1st round.

But if Gett determines that likely ain't available where we pick, and considering the Shula-style offense, would much rather have a Gronk/Graham style weapon at TE (if available) than a WR.

Posted

But if Gett determines that likely ain't available where we pick, and considering the Shula-style offense, would much rather have a Gronk/Graham style weapon at TE (if available) than a WR.

I agree that obviously OL is also a need, but we only have one WR under contract next season, and that is Steve Smith.

Posted

Everyone loves to see the big rushing stats and throwing stats but to say Shula is putting a chain on cam is simply untrue.....look at kap and rg3 this year both struggling because the read option offense was just another gimmick that took defenses a year to adjust to....cam uses his legs when he needs to and that's enough,we throw in a read option every once in awhile to keep the defense honest but like it was said earlier this isn't madden it's the real world....let's also not forget that this is only cams 3rd year in the pros and before that he started only 1 year of big time college football, so yea he's still got some growing room, but he seems to finally be clicking and playing like a true pro....no doubt in my mind he will win multiple MVPs one day and you can write that down.....given an upgraded oline and another legit #1 receiver and it is going to be a show....there won't be enough national tv spots to fill our season...game recognize game, cam WILL be the Lebron James of the NFL in all the right ways

Posted

It worries to be honest. If we keep winning, we won't be in reach of a stud OT like Kouandjio, Matthews, Lewan, and Richardson. They'll likely all go in the Top 15 (unless an injury occurs).

In that case, I rather we draft Ebron (TE) or Purifoy (CB) in the first, Robinson (WR) or Beckham (WR) in the second,  and draft a very promising and athletic but troubled OT like Henderson in the third.