Photo
- - - - -

Cam is a smoldering fire

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

Who cares about Cam's stats when we are winning games. He had a lot of critics when he was breaking records statistically, but still losing games. Now that we are winning games, you want to criticize the play calling and personnel around him for why he is not producing the stats that someone thinks he should be...

Beggars cannot be choosers my friends. Be happy with the W's and if they keep piling up for Cam's career as they are this season, he won't need the gawdy stats to become our 2nd HOF'er to Smitty.

#32 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

i dont agree at all Shula has held him back, sorry if people want stats but wins come first, and I'm okay with that.  this offense is much more precise, dictative and made to compliment the defense.

#33 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

We'll need to double dip on weapons early in my opinion (WR, TE).

Would much rather have a starting OT in the 1st round.

But if Gett determines that likely ain't available where we pick, and considering the Shula-style offense, would much rather have a Gronk/Graham style weapon at TE (if available) than a WR.

#34 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,173 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

But if Gett determines that likely ain't available where we pick, and considering the Shula-style offense, would much rather have a Gronk/Graham style weapon at TE (if available) than a WR.

I agree that obviously OL is also a need, but we only have one WR under contract next season, and that is Steve Smith.

#35 Your GFs favorite huddler

Your GFs favorite huddler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

Everyone loves to see the big rushing stats and throwing stats but to say Shula is putting a chain on cam is simply untrue.....look at kap and rg3 this year both struggling because the read option offense was just another gimmick that took defenses a year to adjust to....cam uses his legs when he needs to and that's enough,we throw in a read option every once in awhile to keep the defense honest but like it was said earlier this isn't madden it's the real world....let's also not forget that this is only cams 3rd year in the pros and before that he started only 1 year of big time college football, so yea he's still got some growing room, but he seems to finally be clicking and playing like a true pro....no doubt in my mind he will win multiple MVPs one day and you can write that down.....given an upgraded oline and another legit #1 receiver and it is going to be a show....there won't be enough national tv spots to fill our season...game recognize game, cam WILL be the Lebron James of the NFL in all the right ways

#36 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,625 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

It worries to be honest. If we keep winning, we won't be in reach of a stud OT like Kouandjio, Matthews, Lewan, and Richardson. They'll likely all go in the Top 15 (unless an injury occurs).

In that case, I rather we draft Ebron (TE) or Purifoy (CB) in the first, Robinson (WR) or Beckham (WR) in the second,  and draft a very promising and athletic but troubled OT like Henderson in the third.

#37 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

Cam needs a big play receiver and some better offensive lineman. I feel like that is what prevents him from going down field.

#38 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

We needs the Mike Evans from A & M, and get Nicks in the free agency

#39 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,341 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

It worries to be honest. If we keep winning, we won't be in reach of a stud OT like Kouandjio, Matthews, Lewan, and Richardson. They'll likely all go in the Top 15 (unless an injury occurs).

In that case, I rather we draft Ebron (TE) or Purifoy (CB) in the first, Robinson (WR) or Beckham (WR) in the second,  and draft a very promising and athletic but troubled OT like Henderson in the third.

Gotta really see who is there when we draft.  And....Getty is smart enough to know BPA at a position of need is always the way to go.

I could see OL, WR, CB

#40 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

If there are any 'chains' on Cam, it is for his and the team's benefit.

Sure, Cam could probably run all over the place if we let him, but we depend on him to be healthy to win a championship, which means that 1, he has to be healthy, not getting tackled 15 and 16 times a game, and 2, we need him to continue to develop and improve his QB skills from the pocket. Telling him to make one read and take off would make him no better than Kaepernick or RG3 who are both not even in the same league as Cam.

I think that the coaches have done an excellent job with Cam just the way they have done it pretty much. Only put him at risk for injury running the ball if the game is on the line and we need a play. Plus over using him would take away his deadlyness. What makes him dangerous is that you have to respect his passing game. That allows us to use his running plays as a dagger to the heart when defenses are set up to stop his passing.

#41 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,389 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

No offense to the OP, but I'd feel better about this thread if the title didn't sound like a line from a Harlequin romance :blink:

#42 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

I think some peopleon here are just bandwagon Cam fans that want him to have 5000 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing and 60 total TDs like this is Madden.

#43 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,664 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Just bought a Newton jersey at 15% off. It's the first Panthers QB jersey I've had since 1996 with Kerry Collins. It's nice to finally have a QB where you don't have to constantly pray that he doesn't fug things up.

#44 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

I think some peopleon here are just bandwagon Cam fans that want him to have 5000 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing and 60 total TDs like this is Madden.

Not gonna lie, that would be nice

#45 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,389 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Just bought a Newton jersey at 15% off. It's the first Panthers QB jersey I've had since 1996 with Kerry Collins. It's nice to finally have a QB where you don't have to constantly pray that he doesn't fug things up.

Was it high quality?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.