21 replies to this topic

#1 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

So, considering the Huddle has been giving out relationship advice lately I figured I'd see if I could get some advice. I'll try and make this short and simple.

I have a best friend. I've known her since I was a toddler. Shes been in my life since day one. Shes known me my whole life. She knows what I'm thinking before I think it. I can't remember the last time I went a day without talking to her. Our relationship has always been so close it seems closer than best friends, if that makes any since. I've had a crush on her since I was a child. I was just too scared to as her out. I found out a few years ago she felt the same way about me. After that we decided to date. The relationship was great. She was happy, I was happy. The only thing that changed in our relationship/friendship is it became physical. As a friend I loved her deeply and she loved me the same way. Once we started dating I think we both expected some magical *love* would happen. I don't know what we expected to happen but, it never happened.. We decided it would be best if we saw other people. We vowed it wouldn't change our friendship and everyone surprise it actually didn't change our friendship. Since then I dated a total bitch who I hated and she dated a guy who treated her like crap. I realized I had made a mistake and had let the wrong girl go, I loved her. I really did. She recently confessed the same to me. We were both happy when we dated. We are currently debating on dating again. I think that *love* everyone always talks about has always been there and we just didn't realize it. It's a confusing situation. I can't imagine myself being any happier than I am with her and she feels the same way. I'm wondering if someone has been in this situation before and might have some advice for me. If we both agreed the happiest we have ever been was when we were together shouldn't we give it another chance?

I could spend the rest of my life with her and be happy, she feels the same way.

Advice? halp?

#2 Bob NC

Bob NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

After being best friends forever you thought there would be some cataclismic love bonk on the head when you started dating.

There was no big new revelation because you were already in love.

#3 SteveSmithOwns

SteveSmithOwns

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

Keep on calling the cops on her over and over. She will eventually ask to move in with you for protection.

#4 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,796 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

I could spend the rest of my life with her and be happy, she feels the same way.

Advice? halp?

Doesn't sound like you need advice. 

#5 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

Dude you have answered your own question. You are in a position a lot of guys wish they could be in.

I guess my only advice, depending on how old you are. Is that you are sure you are ready for this person this time. And also be sure that you are past the phase in your life where you want to see a bunch of people. She sounds like a kind of girl you shouldn't let go because you might regret it.

#6 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,403 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Same ole' question.

How old are the both of you?

And by the way, that "true love" stuff you read about isn't real.

#7 Jakob

Jakob

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

She's about to be 21 and I'm about to be 20..

#8 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,842 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

No rel;ationship advice but if you need marriage advice, I'm your guy.

I've been married 5 times so I am kind of like an expert on thart subject.....

FWIW, follow your heart.

#9 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hey I've been talking to 3 different girls that are out of town for me over the last 3-4 months, I've flirting with all and seen two of them in the last 3 weeks and all of them just commented on my last FB post, I'm waiting for it to blow up....

#10 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,491 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

you don't have a concept of what 'rest of my life' is yet.  Most people don't figure this out until their 30s, if at all.  hence the whole, 'we've grown apart' thing that pops up in middle aged folks so much.  If you can talk with her, and she makes you laugh, then you're a lot further along towards having long term success than most people.  If she has big titties, too, buy buy buy!

#11 Jakob

Jakob

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

you don't have a concept of what 'rest of my life' is yet.  Most people don't figure this out until their 30s, if at all.  hence the whole, 'we've grown apart' thing that pops up in middle aged folks so much.  If you can talk with her, and she makes you laugh, then you're a lot further along towards having long term success than most people.  If she has big titties, too, buy buy buy!

Ah, I know things will change by the time I'm 30. Just in this moment in time I could see myself being 75 and still being with her. Shes always made me laugh, I always make her laugh. Her personality is the best..

Her body is a huge bonus... not that I'd base a relationship on looks.

#12 Lurk ∆

Lurk ∆

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationRon's Riverboat

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

Everything will go to poo when she turns 21 and you're stuck being 20. Sorry bruh but you gotta get your heart ripped out and move on.

#13 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,714 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

No rel;ationship advice but if you need marriage advice, I'm your guy.

I've been married 5 times so I am kind of like an expert on thart subject.....

FWIW, follow your heart.

Right there with ya... on number 5 right now and we're discussing separating/divorce for the holidays. Apparently her alcohol consumption is more important than our marriage and I'm tired of bitching about her drinking.

But you guys are young. Please take your time and enjoy what you have.

#14 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,738 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

read my lips:

waaaaaait

untiiiiilllll

yoouuuuuu

aaaarrre

thiiiiiirty

before making any actual decisions

you will be a completely different person then than you are now and whatever you find you have in common with this girl now that attracts you may simply not be there at a later place and time. you will change more rapidly through your twenties than at any time in your adulthood, in ideology, interests, goals, education, etc. 

#15 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,447 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Follow your heart is good advice.

But Philly is right, 20 is awfully young to make life decisions like this. I say date her, be happy, see where it goes but don't make any life commitments yet... Not yet.

She might be "the one" and you should try and find out if she is. Don't let ANYBODY tell you you HAVE to do anything though right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com