• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#76 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

My invoice only has two games on it. Is there no way to have three?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#77 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,669 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

Us psl owners are the only reason we even gave a team.

So, say thank you it just sit over in the corner and be quiet

Bullshyt to the Panthers for sending these out now when they could easily do it week 16. 

I know it's how it's done but at the most a $50 earnest money deposit should be required for PSL owners to reserve the right for Playoff tickets.

#78 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,669 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

So without psls the panthers wouldn't exist?

I find that had to believe

At the time in the 90s as the Panthers were constructed probably yes.

Fast forward to today I don't think this model will work moving forward.

People like Jerry Richardson pad their pockets daily with NFL profits, the public is wiser now.

#79 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,584 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

At the time in the 90s as the Panthers were constructed probably yes.
Fast forward to today I don't think this model will work moving forward.
People like Jerry Richardson pad their pockets daily with NFL profits, the public is wiser now.

49ers are using them at their new stadium and Jets/Giants used PSLs at MetLife Stadium.

#80 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

My invoice only has two games on it. Is there no way to have three?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

No, it wouldn't be. To host a wildcard game the first weekend, you'd have to be the 3 or 4 seed, as the 1 and 2 seeds get a bye. If you were the 3 or 4 seed and if you won that game you would be playing on the road the 2nd week no matter what (since you'd be playing the 1 or the 2), but would have possibility for the NFC championship if one of the wildcards pulled off 2 road wins.

#81 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,669 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

49ers are using them at their new stadium and Jets/Giants used PSLs at MetLife Stadium.

Doesn't mean it's a good idea moving forward.

At a time when the NFL is trying to entice people to choose to attend games in person, the application of an $80,000 PSL to 1,000 seats in the 49ers forthcoming stadium hasn’t deterred folks from signing up.

According to Scott Ostler of the San Francisco Chronicle, the 1,000 tickets costing $375 per game and 80 large for the lifetime of the stadium are nearly sold out.

Not everyone is reacting well to the new prices.  66-year-old Henry Gross has season tickets on the 50-yard line at Candlestick Monster Park (or whatever they call the place) at $129 per game.  To keep the seats, he’ll have to pay $350 per ticket, plus a one-time PSL of $30,000 for each seat.

“The sentimental side of me says, yes, absolutely, even if I had to mortgage my entire estate,” Gross told Ostler.  “But the realistic side of me says, why would I do that?  So I can tell someone I’m now 65 years as a season-ticket holder?  I love and cherish that, but nobody in my family, and none of my friends, think it’s a good investment.  Not even the ones that I take to games.

“I took [the 49ers' proposal] to two people I’m close to, guys who are much wealthier than I am. They had been season-ticket holders in the past. I asked each, independently, would they like the rights?  Is it a good deal?  Both of them told me it’s horrible.”

http://profootballta...ing-80000-psls/

The Bay Area is in no danger of losing the 49ers nor do they lack a Stadium to play their games.

Why not bend over the Public to line the 49ers owners pockets with even more cash?

#82 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,342 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

Bullshyt to the Panthers for sending these out now when they could easily do it week 16.

I know it's how it's done but at the most a $50 earnest money deposit should be required for PSL owners to reserve the right for Playoff tickets.

If you read the full thread, you would realize that they offer a pay as they play option. Pay $2 now abd then pay for the tickets once the games are decided.

Pretty amicable payment option if you ask me.

#83 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,669 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

^

Wow, you'd certainly have to be full retard to pay more than the 2 bucks, what's the point.

#84 Iced Up Son

Iced Up Son

Giant Dildo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

Again, we're talking about if the Panthers didn't exist. Te argument was we wouldn't have a team. Of course Shelby can't support an NFL team, are you stupid?

But saying if "it wasn't for JR" or if "it wasn't for PSLs we wouldn't have a team" is idiotic.

You made it sound like all you need is money and the NFL will give you a team anywhere.

Let me explain it to you this way.If someone (JR) comes along once in 35 years and offers your city an NFL team, but you have to purchace PSL's to get the team. Would you purchase the PSL's if you had the money or would you wait until a better deal comes along.Even if it means you might have to wait another 35 years.

#85 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

PSL's are for suckers. 

Sigh!!!! Then i'm surprised you don't own them.  To bad your welfare check wasn't large enough to afford them.

#86 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,998 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

^

Wow, you'd certainly have to be full retard to pay more than the 2 bucks, what's the point.

Go on...

#87 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,998 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

you dont void your PSL ownership just because you choose not to buy the tickets right?

You do

#88 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Without PSLs you would in all likelihood be an Atlanta Falcons or Washington Redskins fan.

They may be one anyhow.

#89 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Again, it's hard to say its likely or unlikely. You have no idea how many billionaires and millionaires wanted a team, and could have gotten a team. It's impossible to say an if scenario is "very likely".

Sorry but that BS won't fly.Name all the billionaires/millionaires that stood in line when the Carolina was attempting to obtain an NFL franchise and were willing to finance the total package. That's right,you can't  because it didn't happen.

The PSL concept was the building block for the Panthers franchise. If you were following the events that lead to us getting the Panthers in the Carolinas you would be aware of this.

#90 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

On this day of giving thanks.  I am thankful for the suckers that purchased PSLs, making it possible for me to have a football team in Charlotte.

Yep...It certainly sounds like you appreciate the sacrifice PSL owners made for jokers like you. Now, go gather your food stamps. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.