Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RGIII: "Media trying to Character Assassinate Me"

213 posts in this topic

Posted

The media can make you and the media can break you.

Posted

Cam didn't once play victim. He took his lumps, played through it, Earned his C patch (unlike rookie Bob3 who was gifted it) and look at Cam now. Lil Bob is definitely gettining Cammed right now, but he's doing nothing to help his image by crying about it.

7 people like this

Posted

I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but it is shameless how the media bailed on him. You can really tell he is a shell of what he was last year cuz of his knees. It is funny because he is in the cam zone now with the media.

1 person likes this

Posted

Redskin fans better hope that part about not putting his bad plays up isn't true.

If your quarterback is so mentally fragile that he can't even face his own mistakes, that's a very bad thinr.

2 people like this

Posted

He needs to learn how to camhandle that ish

Posted

Got to give Cam his damn props though.  I know that poo was tearing him up last year (and before his rookie year all the negative poo), but he never lashed out, kept his mouth shut, didn't complain, didn't point fingers, and took the blame.  People talk about him handling adversity... lol, he's dealt with adversity his entire fuging career.

Cam dealt with it a lot longer.  They're just now jumping on Griff.  They jumped all over Cam's ass in week 3 of his sophomore year, despite him having a great week 2 game.  Media attention like that can ruin seasons, and they gave the Skins every benefit of the doubt up until recently.

3 people like this

Posted

RG3 and his delusional fanbase deserve every bit of this after all the hype. I'm sick of the excuses about him not being healthy. Bullcrap. He seems healthy to me in garbage time. No matter what any fan says, the fact is his teammates don't think much of him. A ref and an opposing defender had to come to RG3's aid before any of his teammates did, and that speaks volumes.

5 people like this

Posted

RG3 and his delusional fanbase deserve every bit of this after all the hype. I'm sick of the excuses about him not being healthy. Bullcrap. He seems healthy to me in garbage time. No matter what any fan says, the fact is his teammates don't think much of him. A ref and an opposing defender had to come to RG3's aid before any of his teammates did, and that speaks volumes.

This all day!

Posted

am I the only one here who feels kind of bad for the guy? I mean, yes he's arrogant as all hell, and his personality annoys me sometimes, but it really IS like the media is trying to just poke and prod and flip over every stone to figure out why he and the redskins aren't doing well this year... and it's all because they are losing...

Winning apparently does cure everything. Cam's "sophmore slump" is still a better second year than i think any of these second year players are going to have, accept he didn't win so he had a slump. 

the media just annoys me. 

Posted

Not a big fan of the mans attitude but man the media knows how to pile on.

I hate the comparisons to Cam though

Posted

cam has handled an unfathomable amount of personal-level criticism with an equally unfathomable amount of character, unflappable resolve, and muted, gutsy determination.

all of this means it's absolutely hilarious to see RGIII folding like a lawn chair the instant he's exposed for secretly being a coddled child

9 people like this

Posted

cam has handled an unfathomable amount of personal-level criticism with an equally unfathomable amount of character, unflappable resolve, and muted, gutsy determination.

all of this means it's absolutely hilarious to see RGIII folding like a lawn chair the instant he's exposed for secretly being a coddled child

this, I have never ever in my 10 years of watching football seen a 2nd year player get so much bs flung in his direction

He gutted it out with a ridiculous resolve, any lesser mental toughness would involve a Ryan leaf esque meltdown

Cam to me is top 3 mentally toughest qbs in the league

4 people like this