Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera get an extension this offseason?

62 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Team continues to improve and next year is the last year of his deal, I doubt Richardson makes him coach next year without an extension.

Posted · Report post

Let's see where the team ends up this season first. I still say if we poo the bed and miss the playoffs or have a bad first game then he gets fired. If the team keeps this up and puts up a good show then, yes.

Posted · Report post

two-year extension if we make the playoffs
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 or 4 year extension in Riverboat Rons future. Assuming we don't totally collapse, and we win at least 10 games....
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Ill think about it in the offseason.

Posted · Report post

I think the story is that the Panthers are now playing football differently than they have since the founding of the franchise.  Remember the talk about rankless and tagless.  If this was Rivera's idea, he's gotten JR to buy into it. 

He's the first head coach we've had who can coach up the owner.

The alternative explanation is that JR got the idea and passed it along to Rivera.  I don't think that's what happened.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I think the story is that the Panthers are now playing football differently than they have since the founding of the franchise. Remember the talk about rankless and tagless. If this was Rivera's idea, he's gotten JR to buy into it.

He's the first head coach we've had who can coach up the owner.

The alternative explanation is that JR got the idea and passed it along to Rivera. I don't think that's what happened.

What?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If we make the playoffs you have to extend him
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He's earned the extension rt now, but this is a conversation that should be had after the end of the season, regular or otherwise.. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like this Riverboat Ron version much better than the "by the book" coach that cost us so many close games over the past few seasons. It seemed he learned and grown a lot as a coach. I'd be okay with an reasonable extension if things keep progressing.

Posted · Report post

Panthers start 0-2.

Texans start 2-0.

Wow,  the perception of how both of their seasons  would unfold  was way off. 

1 person likes this