Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alabama vs Auburn Prediction Thread

49 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I don't think anyone predicted this... but if you did.

Lotto numbers please?!?!

I picked Auburn in my ESPN College Pick 'Em for this week, but it's a confidence pick and I put it on the bottom at 1 point. 

[attachment=7383:Auburn Pick.JPG]

Posted · Report post

"It ain't over till it's over."

-Yogi Berra

Posted · Report post

Bama's kicker literally cost them 15 points (3 missed FGs then the TD at the end)

Posted · Report post

Bama's kickers literally cost them 15 points (3 missed FGs then the TD at the end)

FIFY

Posted · Report post

The best/worst part of that ending was CBS doing crowd shots of both fans, it shows a Bama father consoling his child. The kid is weeping and if you read his lips the kid says "I wanna go home"

Is was heartbreaking. But it reminds me why I love sports. Crowd shots are amazing in those types of games. Both the joy and the sorrow.

Posted · Report post

The best/worst part of that ending was CBS doing crowd shots of both fans, it shows a Bama father consoling his child. The kid is weeping and if you read his lips the kid says "I wanna go home"

Is was heartbreaking. But it reminds me why I love sports. Crowd shots are amazing in those types of games. Both the joy and the sorrow.

I think it's just a little scary that people are raising their kids to be this fanatical over a game. But they're getting it from the adults who are in the same stadium, watching the same game and the camera pans to show them openly weeping at the conclusion. Really? It's a fugging game! 

Maybe it's just me, but it kinda creeps me out when I see grown human beings crying over the outcome of a game. Sure, I understand where the term "fan" comes from, but, c'mon man!

Posted · Report post

Dang and I left cause I thought it was over. Weak.

Posted · Report post

I think it's just a little scary that people are raising their kids to be this fanatical over a game. But they're getting it from the adults who are in the same stadium, watching the same game and the camera pans to show them openly weeping at the conclusion. Really? It's a fugging game! 

Maybe it's just me, but it kinda creeps me out when I see grown human beings crying over the outcome of a game. Sure, I understand where the term "fan" comes from, but, c'mon man!

This.

Just look at how people react on this board. It's silly. Life is too short to yell, throw things, get irate over calls, etc.

Posted · Report post

Bama's kicker literally cost them 15 points (3 missed FGs then the TD at the end)

On the earlier fg attempts, I agree.  But the last one was a 57 yard fg attempt.  Making it was a longshot to begin with.   I am not sure you can really blame that on the kicker.  Have to blame that last play on the coach for not preparing the team for a potential runback.  Or for kicking it in the first place. 

Posted · Report post

Alabama will still make it to the championship game. Cause muh SEC

Posted · Report post

Alabama will still make it to the championship game. Cause muh SEC

Ummmm... No

Posted · Report post

With Mizzou winning it sets up a de facto play-in game in the SECCG should MSU upset Ohio State.  At that point, Alabama's only shot is if FSU also loses, and the only way that happens is if Winston is somehow deemed ineligible.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments