Maybe Now We Should Panic...

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,877 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

To be fair, it's not like any RB would fine major success with this O-Line. We've been decimated with injuries. We have a reserve DT starting at OG and a below average reserve OG playing RT.

In my opinion, Silatolu's injury hurt us the most. God knows where we'd be if Amini was still playing LG and Wharton was starting at RG.

I don't buy the decimated by injuries.....we were weak going in. Can argue Wharton now is every bit what Amini would be if not better.

That then boils it down to just RG and we sucked going in.

That was my main DG complaint. He could of improved us....he sat on his hands not knowing what Ron was....

We ran decent to start the year just bc teams didn't know what we were......once they realized we ran the same plays through the same selective gaps it was easy to then stop

#32 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Dammit. So what kind of logic Is "but Bucs won three in a rowz!!" Yea, Stafford threw 4 picks.. 4! And yet the Bucs only barely won by 3 pts. 49ers won 5 in a row
before we beat them IN San Fran off of a bye. Bucs will have two consecutive road games playing us. We ard 8 pt favorites. The Lions pass deep bombs nearly every play, Bucs wont get a chance to pick off Cam 4 times.

#33 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

I don't buy the decimated by injuries.....we were weak going in. Can argue Wharton now is every bit what Amini would be if not better.

That was my main DG complaint. He could of improved us....he sat on his hands not knowing what Ron was....

We ran decent to start the year just bc teams didn't know what we were......once they realized we ran the same plays through the same selective gaps it was easy to then stop

This is why Tolbert is so important. You could tell a team.. "hey, it's 3rd and 3 and we are going to run it up the middle with Tolbert" and they still wouldn't be able to stop him.

#34 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,260 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

Meh, G-Man has done a fantastic job as far as I'm concerned. I can't criticize him just because our offensive line has been plagued with injuries and defenses are stacking the box. Rivera himself said it's chemistry and consistency that our o-line lacked, not talent. Gross is playing very well, Kalil remains a top tier center, Wharton has been solid since joining the line up, Silatolu was beasting before his injury and even Scott was impressing.

If anything, it's on Shula for not modifying our play calling and formations to compensate.

#35 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,383 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

Me too. Buc fans are getting cocky again just because they've won three in a row. It's time to put them in their place.

Apparently, David > Kuechly and Davis and Claibourne > Hardy.

Besides McCoy their whole dline is ass, David is pretty amazing but ill take our guys

#36 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,260 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Besides McCoy their whole dline is ass, David is pretty amazing but ill take our guys

McCoy is possibly their best defensive player.

Davis and David have similar stats. I'll admit he's a stud but I scuff at the idea that David is better than Kuechly. He's crap in coverage. Then again, this is the delusional fan base that claimed Freeman > Newton and Barron > E. Thomas.

#37 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,767 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

How would we go about panicing? If we all paniced enough would it heal our injured players?

#38 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,679 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

As long as we have one I could care less.

But how much less could you care?

#39 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

Who ever is "panicking" or is scared, I am forever indebted to your genetic makeup that you don't have the talent nor the tenacity to be playing in the NFL even more importantly playing for the Panthers. 

This is a division rivalry, these guys are going to come out hard. Especially after that Miami game, I am not worried about anything

#40 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,413 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

So what if Revis is starting. We don't have a one dominant WR we have 4 good WRs and he can only cover one.

#41 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

I agree that Miami  was the trap game but we got out alive, like good teams do. The interviews from the Panthers afterward about the halftime tirade sounded like they got it. I think the Panthers will come out ready to make a statement before finally getting to play New Orleans. It's a division game, there is no way Ron or the players are sleeping on this week. By midnight on Monday we will be tied for 1st in the division. Here is food for thought though. Do we even want the bye(i.e Arizona in 08 and this year)? Or would you rather just play thru?

#42 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,685 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

Yes we want the bye.  If for no other reason than the fact that we will have to play a maximum of one road game to get to the Super Bowl as opposed to having to go through both Seattle and New Orleans on the road

#43 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,601 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

What if...we're the trap game for the buccs?
(Insert keauna reeves meme here)

#44 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

I think this is a clear overreaction. Panther fans are still terrified prior to every game this season. This is a result of the past and I for one think we should look to the future and have confidence in our VERY solid team.
Sure its not a perfect team but it is a resilient team that I am so thankful for.

#45 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,751 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.