Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not giving up on HFA = rooting for taints?

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah there's no way in hell I can force myself into wanting the Saints to win.

As others have said, Carolina needs the bye after having such an early regular season week off. IMO the best case scenario at this point is for them to handle business and get the #2 seed, and have Seattle lose in the divisional round. That's best case.

I guess that worse case is folding and missing the playoffs, obviously, but any other scenario involves road games with no week off. This team has shown the ability to go out and win those tough away games though, so as long as they can score at least a wildcard then I will say that they have a legit shot.

2 people like this

Posted

What if the Seahawks and Saints end in a tie?

Posted

No, end of story

1 person likes this

Posted

It is more important we catch NO than Sea.  We could pass Seattle and still finish 5th if we do not win the division.

2 people like this

Posted

what if they tie?

Posted

Seattle is dropping 2 out of their 3 division games, so no. We had our shot at the number 1 seed, week 1 and blew it. Even if we win the NFCS we are going to have to play in Seattle unless they choke in Divisional round. That's just reality

1 person likes this

Posted

tumblr_mgztqjkqsm1qh2o7zo1_r1_500.gif Hope Brees and the Saints get a good beat down Monday.        

Posted

Ive thought about this and Saints winning does only put us a couple behind the Seahawks for the conference, BUT we would have to sweep the Saints and frankly, despite how good we are. Its nearly impossible for any team to win in the Superdome in a prime time enviroment so I expect a L next Sunday. This Bucs game is more important than the Saints game in my opinion. We lose to the Bucs, then a probable loss against the Saints, we are 8-5 and in big trouble.

I have always been of the mindset of beating the Bucs tommorrow, give us a guaranteed winning record at 9 wins and everything else will fall into place.

Posted

all my friends would kill me and if they didn't I would commit the big S

Posted

Do what you can do to control your own destiny.  You start worrying about what the other guy is doing and you lose focus.

2003 we won our super bowl visit via the road.  We have shown we can go on the road and win the tough games.  

If we make it to Seattle that means we are in the NFC Championship game.   Would be nice to payback 2005.

Posted

Seattle is up 2 with the tiebreaker, so really 3. It's extremely, extremely unlikely the Seahawks finish 2-3 or worse.

That DeAngelo fumble in Week 1 may have cost us homefield. If we beat the Seahawks, we're 9-2 right now and so are the Seahawks and we have the tiebreaker. We'd still be the #5 seed as of right now because the Saints would STILL own the NFC tiebreaker currently, but we would be RIGHT THERE for homefield. Oh well.

Posted

2003 we won our super bowl visit via the road. 

all except for the Dallas game