78 replies to this topic

#31 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,029 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

Jokes? People in here act like they've never lost a loved one. Hopefully you never have to experience it. Show some fuging class.

RIP. Condolences to his family.

I am still going through something I don't want to talk about, especially here...

What I have gone through for the last 4 years, you are right I hope nobody has to do it, but it will... to us all in all kinds of ways. so yeah, jokes. 

After a preacher died and went to heaven, he noticed a New York cab driver had been awarded a higher place than he.

"I don't understand," he complained to God. "I devoted my entire life to my congregation."

God explained to him, "Our policy here in heaven is to reward results. Now, was your congregation well attuned to you whenever you gave a sermon?"

"Well," the minister had to admit, "some in the congregation fell asleep from time to time."

"Exactly," said God, "and when people rode in this man's taxi, they not only stayed wake, they even prayed."

#32 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,202 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

Is that from the actual accident?

Holy crap!

There's one I saw taken before the fire department arrived.
They weren't exagerrating when they described the wreck as "fiery." Not sure if it's from the real thing, though.

e: pretty sure the pic I saw was of the crash; background matches other photos and YouTube video

#33 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:06 AM

I'm not a fan of Walker's work. I thought he was a mediocre actor but consider me shocked and sad to hear the news.

The driver was not a fan. It was Walker's head driver for his racing team.

Smh... man, that is wild.

#34 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,756 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

Smh... man, that is wild.

The irony to it all, huh?

#35 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,283 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:16 AM

By all accounts he sounds like a good guy that was involved in a lot of charity work. Terrible to see someone go so young. At least it appears it was quick. Hopefully he will inspire others to give back like he did. Rest in peace.

#36 bigjohn

bigjohn

Block and Tackle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

Sucks to see someone young (yeah, 40 is young to me nowadays) and successful who is actually doing something good for the world die, no matter what they do for a living.

Noteworthy that he dies doing charity work instead of overdosing like so many actors.

I have never even seen any of the f&f movies, but the fact that he was raising money for charity hits home for me.

RIP

#37 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,102 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

I'm a pretty trusting person, generally speaking, but even I would think twice about letting someone drive my sportscar with me as a passenger, even if it was for charity. Most likely some star-struck guy who thought he could pull some F&F move or perhaps he fancied himself as the next Mario Andretti... wtf...

And for those of you who think the tree should give way when 2000 lbs worth of car hits it? Yeah, look at the tree- it's maybe 12" in diameter, not a big tree by any stretch...

#38 Brit-Panther

Brit-Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

The irony to it all, huh?

Yeah really I agree .....what next Samuel L Jackson dies of snakes on a plane?!

.Oooo too soon!

#39 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,202 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

Sucks to see someone young (yeah, 40 is young to me nowadays) and successful who is actually doing something good for the world die, no matter what they do for a living.

Noteworthy that he dies doing charity work instead of overdosing like so many actors.

I have never even seen any of the f&f movies, but the fact that he was raising money for charity hits home for me.

RIP

The original movie is pretty good - among my top 5 for non-comedy movies. The rest, however, are completely meh, at best.

Tokyo Drift had a lot of potential, but is the worst of the franchise imo.

#40 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

His best movie was Running Scared, if you haven't seen it then you should give it a watch after the game today. 

#41 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

RIP Paul Walker

I always thought he was an okay actor that could have been really good. He had some underrated moments and some duds. Shame fast and furious was his legacy.

#42 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,000 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

good solid dude.

the immaturity of some of you is, sadly, not surprising.

#43 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

RIP. Poor guy. I think he had a 15yr old daughter as well. Wonder what becomes of the Fast series now since they were already shooting it I think?

#44 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

I think God just needed someone to drive his 1994 Honda Civic with Neons in Heaven. :'-(

Warning: the previous statement is highly insensitive and immature. Bc grown men crying over an actor they never met in a "racing car franchise" is very mature.

I never met him or was affected by him in any way..my apologies.

#45 Lurk ∆

Lurk ∆

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationRon's Riverboat

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

I was stuck in the traffic this caused coming home from norcal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com