Photo
- - - - -

Mike Tolbert has been the Panthers best running back this year.

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#76 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,451 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

I love me some Tolbert. People trashing Stewart are ridiculous though, it was his first game so far this year with that many carries.

#77 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,004 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Stew is just not 100%. Simple as that.

I said it about 3 wks ago.The overall run game production from the rb's HAS to increase down the stretch. More teams will want Cam to stay in the pocket and not run so that means either a heavy dose of screens or inside traps and more outside the tackle sweeps.

I hope DeA and Stew are rested and the 3 headed monster of rb's can get rolling.

#78 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Our OL makes it tough for any RB to do much.

Id like to see AP run behind this line.

#79 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,662 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

lol people trash DWill and call for Stew. Now they trash Stew. Hmmm I wonder who the real culprits are...

#80 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

No. I am the guy who blasted DG since preseason for neglecting our OL.

Stewart does better with nothing than Williams. That doesn't mean Stewart will be good running into the OLs back.

Today would have likely been another one of those 2 yard per carry days Williams has had this year. No holes.

OL issue. OL sucking doesn't mean Stewart fights forward where Williams goes down is false.

People are entirely too sensitive about Williams ...

What is this too sensitive about Williams crap. I am talking about you saying the run game will get better when Stewart got back out on the field. I am talking about you saying Barner should start over Williams because he can make something out of nothing better than Williams. You can call it what you want. You remember what you want to remember. You talk out of both sides of your mouth all the time. This "Stewart runs better without blocking" nonsense is just bull. Get out of here with that. If DeAngelo would have fumbled against San Fran you would have been all on this forum saying he is fumble prone. DeAngelo has made plays this year for this team. When you get through running your mouth about Stewart being better behind a poor line, he hasnt made plays since he has been back. Which is what he was supposed to do according to you. Because he creates his own holes and DeAngelo cant.

#81 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

What is this too sensitive about Williams crap. I am talking about you saying the run game will get better when Stewart got back out on the field. I am talking about you saying Barner should start over Williams because he can make something out of nothing better than Williams. You can call it what you want. You remember what you want to remember. You talk out of both sides of your mouth all the time. This "Stewart runs better without blocking" nonsense is just bull. Get out of here with that. If DeAngelo would have fumbled against San Fran you would have been all on this forum saying he is fumble prone. DeAngelo has made plays this year for this team. When you get through running your mouth about Stewart being better behind a poor line, he hasnt made plays since he has been back. Which is what he was supposed to do according to you. Because he creates his own holes and DeAngelo cant.

It's true CRA you are one of maybe 3 posters who I don't trust to discuss our RBs rationally. No offense intended at all.

#82 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,989 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Tolbert honestly reminds me of a fatter Walter Payton, and I mean that in the absolute most flattering way possible.

#83 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Tolbert has certainly come through with the tough yards, but I wouldn't label him as our best RB. D Will was running well while Stew was out.

#84 Marc Anthony

Marc Anthony

FORUM VET

• HUDDLER
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

Bring back Nick Goings!!! All is lost!!!!

#85 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

lol lets make up some bs to argue about during an 8 game win streak

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#86 intangiblejohnny

intangiblejohnny

The Josh McRoberts of Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • LocationInterwebz

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

Tolbert is ridiculous on short yardage and catching balls in the flat.
D usually needs alot of reps to really reach his full potential.
Stewart just seems like he is still getting acclimated to the speed of the game again.

#87 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,285 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

Stewart running better with no hole isn't bull.....it is backed up by fact this year, which is why he is notably better and gains more yardage after contact.

Due to our crappy OL....RBs get contact almost immediately.

I don't get caught up in "starter" bull poo. We have a committee. It means certain weeks certain RBs should see the bench more than others.

Williams is overall a middle of the road RB at this point in his career. Can he make plays and has he? Yes.....but your posting is an example of people being overly sensitive about Williams. He isn't the answer and no one bashing him. We need an OL. Until we get an OL....Tolbert and Stewart make the most sense getting the bulk of the snaps in a POWER and up the gut run scheme.

And Barner will suck running him up the gut with no holes... Today didn't show anything in regards to anything. He wasn't suppose to show anything with those carries other than he can take a beating. Like Williams he needs space to operate...and Rbs like that need blocking or play calls to obtain it.

#88 beastlypanda

beastlypanda

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

I noticed most of Stews runs came with a wall of players in front of him. O line isnt making any holes so its kinda of expected. I also noticed there were quite a few nice lanes for tolbert to run through not sure if tolbert was lucky by having the lanes develop due to Oline or defensive formation or if its skill. 

#89 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,285 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

It's true CRA you are one of maybe 3 posters who I don't trust to discuss our RBs rationally. No offense intended at all.

no offense taken. Most posters bring bias to topics...I have mine.

I don't think I overrate players like many. I may devalue some....but someone has to help bring this into the middle where things probably really belong

#90 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

Most expensive 41 yards ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com