Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can we clinch next week?

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I was thinking that if SF and Ari both lost next week, coupled with loses by the NFCN and NFCE teams we could clinch since SF and Ari still have to play one another, guaranting one of them another loss.

Posted · Report post

Alternatively, the Cardinals could win out except for the 49ers game and finish 10-6 and would get in over a 10-6 Panthers due to the tiebreaker.

Posted · Report post

If we win next week and then lose out we're 10-6. If the Cardinals win out from here, they're 11-5. If the 49ers win out except the Cardinals game, they're 11-5 and we miss the playoffs. Unless I'm missing something. It doesn't matter that the 49ers and Cardinals still have a game left.

That's actually impossible since SF and Ari play each other, so they both can't win out.

Posted · Report post

Alternatively, the Cardinals could win out except for the 49ers game and finish 10-6 and would get in over a 10-6 Panthers due to the tiebreaker.

Then we would still have the tie breaker over the 49ers, implying that they both lose next week.

Posted · Report post

I think it's possible but it would rely on Arz, SF, Dal, Phi all losing... I think we'd own the tie breaker over chi because of conference stuff, even if they win out, but I may be wrong

Pretty sure we can't but this site will update us:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

SEA can clinch tomorrow night

Posted · Report post

Okay wow I think you might be right. Using the playoff generator thing on ESPN.com, a Panthers win coupled with losses by ARI/SF/DAL/PHI would indeed clinch us a playoff spot.

Posted · Report post

Okay wow I think you might be right. Using the playoff generator thing on ESPN.com, a Panthers win coupled with losses by ARI/SF/DAL/PHI would indeed clinch us a playoff spot.

mygod.gif

Posted · Report post

Actually it's even simpler. Damn I'm bad at math. If we win next week and the Cardinals and 49ers only lose, then we clinch the playoffs. The Cards, 49ers, Cowboys, Eagles could all win out except for the Cards/49ers losing next week and the Cards/49ers game in Week 17 and we still make the playoffs. I think this is right.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It's basically just between us AZ and SF now.

Dallas plays Chicago next week. Philly plays Detroit next week. Chicago plays Philly in a couple weeks. GB still plays Dallas and Chicago this year.

All the north and east teams that are on the bubble will still each take a loss and the ones that don't will win the division.

Like I said, beat the jets and falcons and we are fine. Obviously I want to beat the Saints but it's nice knowing this. Might save a huddler his TV or something. And by huddler I mean me.

Posted · Report post

Sadly, none of this will prevent me from falling my Calc test tomorrow morning.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Really?

Off to check it out...

Posted · Report post

Nope I'm wrong yet again. I quit, I'm leaving this thread.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments