Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can we clinch next week?

66 posts in this topic

Posted

We controll our own destiny. All we gotta do is win!

Posted

I was trying to figure out how.

It looks like Baltimore has to go 0-4 and TX 4-0. However Baltimore owns the tiebreaker so there has to be a third team that eliminates Baltimore within the Division.

The Bengals can't go 6-10 since they already have 8 wins

Pittsburgh could but own a tiebreaker over TX as well. So they have to go 0-4 to finish at 5-11*.

So it has to be the Browns. They have to go exactly 2-2.

This would set up a three way tie at 6-10 for the last spot. The first tiebreaker gets rid of all but one in each division. Baltimore and Cleveland tied head to head and would both have 6 conference wins. So The browns would have to win on common games or SOV or SOS. They have a couple of games remaining that are common.

So Ravens are eliminated. The Browns and Houston had no head to head and would again have 6 conference wins each.

If the Browns lose to New England both teams would be 1-4 in common games. So Houston would have to win on SOV where they currently trail .417 to .448.

*I guess there could be a 4 way tie with Pittsburgh in the mix too same scenarios

you're forgetting about Miami's involvement in the tiebreaker - provided that PIT or CLE end up winning a 6-10 North tiebreaker. Houston would advance on conference record since neither MIA, PIT, or CLE would have 6 AFC wins

Posted

you're forgetting about Miami's involvement in the tiebreaker - provided that PIT or CLE end up winning a 6-10 North tiebreaker. Houston would advance on conference record since neither MIA, PIT, or CLE would have 6 AFC wins

Yep good point

Posted

This is so crazy. The NFC is always so good and the AFC is always trash except for two teams.

Posted

Yep good point

The 6-10 scenario will probably have a West team in it, so that further muddies the waters. The scenario I found where the 6-10 Texans gets in involves 8 teams at 6-10 (HOU, BUF, MIA, NYJ, BAL, CLE, PIT, SD). NYJ, MIA, PIT, and BAL all get eliminated in divisional tiebreakers. Houston would then win over BUF, CLE, and SD on conference record. Tennessee and Jacksonville are irrelevant should they get to 6 wins as well, but if Oakland gets to 6, then they'd get the 6 slot, since they can match the Texans with 6-6 AFC record and an H2H win

Posted

Kinda like last year. Didn't Chicago go 10-6 and miss the playoffs and then they fired Lovie Smith? Stupid move on their part. We need at least 11 wins to ensure a playoff spot.

Posted

edit - wrong thread

Posted

The 6-10 scenario will probably have a West team in it, so that further muddies the waters. The scenario I found where the 6-10 Texans gets in involves 8 teams at 6-10 (HOU, BUF, MIA, NYJ, BAL, CLE, PIT, SD). NYJ, MIA, PIT, and BAL all get eliminated in divisional tiebreakers. Houston would then win over BUF, CLE, and SD on conference record. Tennessee and Jacksonville are irrelevant should they get to 6 wins as well, but if Oakland gets to 6, then they'd get the 6 slot, since they can match the Texans with 6-6 AFC record and an H2H win

I found one with 7 teams - same as yours without Buffalo

Posted

Just curious, what is the point of posting that?

The point is......that the next most important game is the next game.....that's the point...and if I have to explain KEEP POUNDING.....then are you really a carolina panthers fan......

Posted

and if I have to explain KEEP POUNDING.....then are you really a carolina panthers fan......

I agree. 

Any of you so called posters who don't understand KEEP POUNDING need to find a new team now

Posted

Spot #6 - Wildcard

Case 1
      Panthers beat the Saints, and
      Lions beat the Eagles, and
      Seahawks beat the Forty-Niners, and
      Rams beat the Cardinals, and
      Bears beat the Cowboys

Posted

I don't want a first round bye.

Have you paid attention to Rivera's record off the bye?