• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#46 Deebo

Deebo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

our aim should be win out and claim the 1st or 2nd seed.....a bye will be really nice

#47 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

Pretty sure we can't but this site will update us:
http://www.cbssports...ngs/playoffrace

SEA can clinch tomorrow night

Wow that site says the 2-10 texans are still alive. Lol afc is a mess

#48 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,922 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

Wow that site says the 2-10 texans are still alive. Lol afc is a mess

I was trying to figure out how.

It looks like Baltimore has to go 0-4 and TX 4-0. However Baltimore owns the tiebreaker so there has to be a third team that eliminates Baltimore within the Division.

The Bengals can't go 6-10 since they already have 8 wins

Pittsburgh could but own a tiebreaker over TX as well. So they have to go 0-4 to finish at 5-11*.

So it has to be the Browns. They have to go exactly 2-2.

This would set up a three way tie at 6-10 for the last spot. The first tiebreaker gets rid of all but one in each division. Baltimore and Cleveland tied head to head and would both have 6 conference wins. So The browns would have to win on common games or SOV or SOS. They have a couple of games remaining that are common.

So Ravens are eliminated. The Browns and Houston had no head to head and would again have 6 conference wins each.

If the Browns lose to New England both teams would be 1-4 in common games. So Houston would have to win on SOV where they currently trail .417 to .448.

*I guess there could be a 4 way tie with Pittsburgh in the mix too same scenarios

#49 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

We controll our own destiny. All we gotta do is win!

#50 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,291 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

I was trying to figure out how.

It looks like Baltimore has to go 0-4 and TX 4-0. However Baltimore owns the tiebreaker so there has to be a third team that eliminates Baltimore within the Division.

The Bengals can't go 6-10 since they already have 8 wins

Pittsburgh could but own a tiebreaker over TX as well. So they have to go 0-4 to finish at 5-11*.

So it has to be the Browns. They have to go exactly 2-2.

This would set up a three way tie at 6-10 for the last spot. The first tiebreaker gets rid of all but one in each division. Baltimore and Cleveland tied head to head and would both have 6 conference wins. So The browns would have to win on common games or SOV or SOS. They have a couple of games remaining that are common.

So Ravens are eliminated. The Browns and Houston had no head to head and would again have 6 conference wins each.

If the Browns lose to New England both teams would be 1-4 in common games. So Houston would have to win on SOV where they currently trail .417 to .448.

*I guess there could be a 4 way tie with Pittsburgh in the mix too same scenarios

you're forgetting about Miami's involvement in the tiebreaker - provided that PIT or CLE end up winning a 6-10 North tiebreaker. Houston would advance on conference record since neither MIA, PIT, or CLE would have 6 AFC wins

#51 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,922 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

you're forgetting about Miami's involvement in the tiebreaker - provided that PIT or CLE end up winning a 6-10 North tiebreaker. Houston would advance on conference record since neither MIA, PIT, or CLE would have 6 AFC wins

Yep good point

#52 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,132 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

This is so crazy. The NFC is always so good and the AFC is always trash except for two teams.

#53 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,291 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

Yep good point

The 6-10 scenario will probably have a West team in it, so that further muddies the waters. The scenario I found where the 6-10 Texans gets in involves 8 teams at 6-10 (HOU, BUF, MIA, NYJ, BAL, CLE, PIT, SD). NYJ, MIA, PIT, and BAL all get eliminated in divisional tiebreakers. Houston would then win over BUF, CLE, and SD on conference record. Tennessee and Jacksonville are irrelevant should they get to 6 wins as well, but if Oakland gets to 6, then they'd get the 6 slot, since they can match the Texans with 6-6 AFC record and an H2H win

#54 Louie

Louie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

Kinda like last year. Didn't Chicago go 10-6 and miss the playoffs and then they fired Lovie Smith? Stupid move on their part. We need at least 11 wins to ensure a playoff spot.

#55 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

edit - wrong thread

#56 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,922 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

The 6-10 scenario will probably have a West team in it, so that further muddies the waters. The scenario I found where the 6-10 Texans gets in involves 8 teams at 6-10 (HOU, BUF, MIA, NYJ, BAL, CLE, PIT, SD). NYJ, MIA, PIT, and BAL all get eliminated in divisional tiebreakers. Houston would then win over BUF, CLE, and SD on conference record. Tennessee and Jacksonville are irrelevant should they get to 6 wins as well, but if Oakland gets to 6, then they'd get the 6 slot, since they can match the Texans with 6-6 AFC record and an H2H win

I found one with 7 teams - same as yours without Buffalo

#57 camtheone

camtheone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Just curious, what is the point of posting that?

The point is......that the next most important game is the next game.....that's the point...and if I have to explain KEEP POUNDING.....then are you really a carolina panthers fan......

#58 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,922 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

and if I have to explain KEEP POUNDING.....then are you really a carolina panthers fan......

I agree. 

Any of you so called posters who don't understand KEEP POUNDING need to find a new team now

#59 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Spot #6 - Wildcard

Case 1
      Panthers beat the Saints, and
      Lions beat the Eagles, and
      Seahawks beat the Forty-Niners, and
      Rams beat the Cardinals, and
      Bears beat the Cowboys

#60 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,002 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

I don't want a first round bye.

Have you paid attention to Rivera's record off the bye?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com