• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:39 PM

Many of you may have recently seen the ads for Charlotte 49er football on billboards, websites, and heard them on the radio. FSL's (similar to a PSL) are on sale and now have a monthly payment option! At the moment, two FSL's will cost you about $55 dollars per month until 2013. If you have an interest in college football, this is the first step towards bringing big time college football to Charlotte. Charlotte is a very attractive market to major conferences, but this will never be a reality without support from the community. Charlotte certainly won't start in a big time conference as it has to start at FCS level, but the CAA and Southern Conference, the two dominant FCS level conferences, are very real possibilities and later move up from there with the next conference shake-up.

Remember the excitement around App State beating Michigan and winning three national championships? That can happen in Charlotte as well with your help.

I am working on behalf of the Charlotte 49ers athletic department and have volunteered to help sell FSLs. If you are at all interested, feel free to contact me and I can give you more information and help you sign up.

Information can also be found at www.charlotte49erfootball.com

#2 chucktownpanther

chucktownpanther

College football is king

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

Many of you may have recently seen the ads for Charlotte 49er football on billboards, websites, and heard them on the radio. FSL's (similar to a PSL) are on sale and now have a monthly payment option! At the moment, two FSL's will cost you about $55 dollars per month until 2013. If you have an interest in college football, this is the first step towards bringing big time college football to Charlotte. Charlotte is a very attractive market to major conferences, but this will never be a reality without support from the community. Charlotte certainly won't start in a big time conference as it has to start at FCS level, but the CAA and Southern Conference, the two dominant FCS level conferences, are very real possibilities and later move up from there with the next conference shake-up.

Remember the excitement around App State beating Michigan and winning three national championships? That can happen in Charlotte as well with your help.

I am working on behalf of the Charlotte 49ers athletic department and have volunteered to help sell FSLs. If you are at all interested, feel free to contact me and I can give you more information and help you sign up.

Information can also be found at www.charlotte49erfootball.com

what stadium are they going to use?

#3 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

most likely scenario is adding to the current soccer and track field to get the seats to around 15-20,000. Not a huge fan of having a track around the field myself because it creates too large a buffer zone between fans and the field, but it works at App and other places, so it could work at Charlotte as well.

It's all irrelevant if people don't buy season tickets. This was a pretty awful time to start the program. 2-3 years ago would have been ideal. We have at least 1 six figure donation in the pipe so long as football is actually added. If it's not, that money goes away.

The people championing this though are some of the most powerful men in Charlotte. They are responsible for bringing the Wachovia Championship, the Bobcats, the Hornets, and to a lesser extend the Panthers to Charlotte. I have faith in everyone except the chancellor at Charlotte who doesn't like to step on any toes to the established powers. CMC approached Charlotte about starting a med school cooperation a few years ago, but he turned them down because he knew that would not please the big wigs running the UNC system (they're mostly Carolina grads). Now, instead, Chapel Hill will be opening a branch of it's medical school in Charlotte in the future. If he wants Charlotte's reputation to keep growing in a positive manner, he needs to grow a sack.

Look at App's chancellor. He is the greatest champion of that university. You can tell he wants what is best for his school and loves it. I wish Charlotte had someone like Peacock.

#4 NC Falcon

NC Falcon

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:52 PM

Best of luck to you guys in Charlotte! I hope you can get the football program going at Charlotte, that would be great for the that school and the community!

#5 CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

FYI Mike Rucker is supposed to be on WFNZ today at 5:00 talking about 49er Football.

Also, Rucker and Mike Minter will be on Fox News Rising on Monday morning talking 49er Football.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.