Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MichaelNewtonII

Bridgewater #1?

16 posts in this topic

It's a completely moot point now, but you're hate for Mariota is either seriously misguided, or you just started watching Mariota after he sprained his knee. Also, no chance Bridgewater touches Mariota's eventual 40 time.  LOL at you thinking all Mariota does is throw dinks and dunks off his back foot. Look if you wanted to come in here with the point that Mariota isn't asked to go through a lot of progressions when he gets the ball, or doesn't play from under center, is asked to make quick timing throws to predetermined spots on the field I might try and carry on an intelligent conversation. But instead you came with "ZOMG he does nothing but dink and dunk off his back foot, he sucks OMG ZORZ"...

I think he gets the hype because of Kapaernick and Kaep wasn't even a top 5 pick. Heck, Kaep is not even playing like a top 5 pick. Unlike Kapaernick I doubt he'll end up getting drafted by a loaded team unless the Texans pick him. He's gonna be in a team where he'll be asked to make the team and his players better and the way you do that is by having an accurate arm. I keep hearing people talking how he needs to work on his throwing skill, then why the heck is he a projected top 5 picks. For you to succeed in the NFL you have to first and foremost have an NFL arm. He doesn't. I think Derek Carr is a way better prospect than him.

Any way, that was just my opinion. I have nothing invested in liking or hating any of those QBs. By the way, how fast do you think Mariota will run the 40. I know Bridgewater will be in the 4.55-4.60. BW has a quick and short stride and Mariota has a slower and longer stride. Because MM runs often people assume he's fast. Not the case. Here is one of few clip of BW running(fast forward to 1:08):

That's a 4.5 dude running right there. If you wanna see more of his running you can look for his HS highlights. It's amazing how people feed off what the media tell them instead of doing their own research.

And this clip tells it all about Bridgewater's athletical ability:

Mariota was electronically timed at 4.48 in the 40 in High School. He's going to be a high 4.4's - very low 4.5's guy. Again it's a moot point, he's going back to school and wont be drafted this year. Just don't understand the "Mariota is a scrub" talk. He's a very talented QB, with an incredible ceiling. He plays in an offense that doesn't require routine NFL throws of him, but he's shown the ability to do it. He's got a ton of tools, and a frame that will allow him to put more weight on without sacrificing too much of his athleticism. I fully expect him to be even better next year, and still be a top 10 pick IF he stays healthy...

Bridgewater not looking too great tonight.

WR slipped on that INT tho, timing route.

Bridgewater hasn't had a great game (and his offense isn't exactly helping him), but that Cam Newton-esque run on 4th down and that TD throw off his back foot were amazing.

Mariota wont be a top 20 pick next year, book it.

1 person likes this