Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadHatter

New Power Rankings Out

107 posts in this topic

If we beat the Saints, it will be interesting to see if they do put us #1 in some polls. Doubtful, although Seattle plays on the road in San Francisco and is prime for a loss. If Seattle loses and we beat the Saints, how can you NOT put us at #1? This is nowhere near the same team that lost to Seattle (and they barely beat us when we still had Ron Rivera as head coach and not Riverboat Ron.)

It will be ugly if we lose Sunday.

Broncos lose to the Patriots and they do not drop....Patriots lose to us and they do not drop.  If we lose, I will bet you we drop 6-7 spots.

I totally agree with all of this. 

Also, I can't remember us ever being #1 in a power rankings poll by the ESPNs and PFTs of the world except for some preseason ones during the "paper champ" streak of 2004-2006. Never within season. Didn't happen in 2008, 2005, definitely not in 2003, not in 1996 because of the Packers.

If we beat the Saints Sunday, we should easily be number 1 and will easily be the best team in the NFL by a big margin.

Lmao!

Also, I can't remember us ever being #1 in a power rankings poll by the ESPNs and PFTs of the world except for some preseason ones during the "paper champ" streak of 2004-2006. Never within season. Didn't happen in 2008, 2005, definitely not in 2003, not in 1996 because of the Packers.

If I'm not mistaken, Fox Sports had us at number 1 the week before the Giants game in 2008.

I remember it because the headline was "'lina Credit" and I thought that was one of the worst headlines I'd ever seen.

I think we are better than the Broncos. I cant think of another team that can beat the 9ers and Pats back to back coming off byes and one of those games in San Fran. Our D is miles better than the Broncos. I think us and the Seahawks are right at the same level.

You may have a point about the Broncos. But at the same time, you said we're easily the best team in the league if we beat the Saints. I don't think that's true.

I've been screaming since week 1 that we are this good. I'm glad you guys have finally started to come around ;)

Even the biased espn is moving us up. I love winning but I don't know if I want them to win the division even though I think they will. I hate bye weeks, we historically don't do great after them.

Part of me wants to go with winning is something that gets you on your way. IMO, there are plenty of instances where good young teams fall just short their first time around. For some strange reason, there is something to be said for the phrase "Playoff Experience".

On the other hand. Fug that! Let Cam go on a Camesque roll, and put the whole fugging planet on notice. Finish the season on a 15 Game Roll. Set a standard for other teams to aspire too.

"This Team" is setting its own standards. History has nothing on these guys. All they care about is getting as ready as possible for the NEXT opponent. We don't fret over the time span between games. Hellz, for us, that extra week is an extra week of prep. Just gonna' make us better.

1 person likes this

Seattle is the best team in the NFL.  Besides their record, they've beat the Saints and Panthers who have the second best records in the NFC.  The only other contender for the top spot is Denver, and had they held on in New England I would have said they should be #1.  

Going to be tough to come out of the NFC this year.  Seattle, San Fran, NOLA and Carolina are all strong teams.  Whoever the NFC North and East cough up will probably be one-and-done.  

1 person likes this