106 replies to this topic

#46 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

Also, I can't remember us ever being #1 in a power rankings poll by the ESPNs and PFTs of the world except for some preseason ones during the "paper champ" streak of 2004-2006. Never within season. Didn't happen in 2008, 2005, definitely not in 2003, not in 1996 because of the Packers.

If I'm not mistaken, Fox Sports had us at number 1 the week before the Giants game in 2008.

I remember it because the headline was "'lina Credit" and I thought that was one of the worst headlines I'd ever seen.

#47 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

I think we are better than the Broncos. I cant think of another team that can beat the 9ers and Pats back to back coming off byes and one of those games in San Fran. Our D is miles better than the Broncos. I think us and the Seahawks are right at the same level.

You may have a point about the Broncos. But at the same time, you said we're easily the best team in the league if we beat the Saints. I don't think that's true.

#48 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

I've been screaming since week 1 that we are this good. I'm glad you guys have finally started to come around ;)

#49 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,756 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

Even the biased espn is moving us up. I love winning but I don't know if I want them to win the division even though I think they will. I hate bye weeks, we historically don't do great after them.

Part of me wants to go with winning is something that gets you on your way. IMO, there are plenty of instances where good young teams fall just short their first time around. For some strange reason, there is something to be said for the phrase "Playoff Experience".

On the other hand. Fug that! Let Cam go on a Camesque roll, and put the whole fugging planet on notice. Finish the season on a 15 Game Roll. Set a standard for other teams to aspire too.

"This Team" is setting its own standards. History has nothing on these guys. All they care about is getting as ready as possible for the NEXT opponent. We don't fret over the time span between games. Hellz, for us, that extra week is an extra week of prep. Just gonna' make us better.

#50 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

Seattle is the best team in the NFL.  Besides their record, they've beat the Saints and Panthers who have the second best records in the NFC.  The only other contender for the top spot is Denver, and had they held on in New England I would have said they should be #1.  

Going to be tough to come out of the NFC this year.  Seattle, San Fran, NOLA and Carolina are all strong teams.  Whoever the NFC North and East cough up will probably be one-and-done.  

#51 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

Dissagree that we should be behind NE....but the rest are OK by me.

Yeah, not sure how we can be behind NE after beating them? 

#52 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Elliott Harrison: "The only team that can beat Seattle in Seattle is Carolina, period!"

#53 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Personally I think we win Sunday.  But, you will see how little respect we actually have if we do lose. 

Really cannot argue that. I truly think though that folks really respect our Defense. The only thing holding us back, in the media that is, is our Offense. They do see an efficient Offense, and a team that can move the ball. I just feel that because those splash plays are down this year, they think our Offense is somehow not that good.

Folks know we are a very good team. The biggest question is that as young as we are, can we keep this thing going. Some are waiting for us to fold. Most others see us as legitimate.

Rankings are for fans. They spawn debate. Which, IMO, is a good thing.

#54 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

RANK

CAR.png

9-3 PANTHERS

Look out for Carolina, everybody. The Panthers did what good teams are supposed to do: take care of lesser teams at home. Beating the Bucs by three touchdowns certainly qualifies. The Panthers' defense is going to make them a tough out. I don't care if the opposition is Seattle, New Orleans or West Canaan, Carolina is going to represent a formidable challenge, because it doesn't rely on a high-risk, 60-throws-per-game offense to win. Oh, and before we go -- nice fourth-and-goal call, Coach. #RiverboatRon

oh and check this out

RANK

SEA.png

11-1 SEAHAWKS

What a statement game for the Seahawks and Pete Carroll. David Lee Roth circa 1982 in all of his spastic glory couldn't compete with the Seattle head coach. Telling you right now, the only team that would have a chance to beat Carroll's squad in Seattle is Carolina -- and even that might be a stretch.

#55 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,951 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

I don't know that our OL is good enough to take down SEA in SEA right now... But it's good to get the respect we deserve.

#56 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Lmao!

Yupperz. I have been on this train since late last year. And even I don't see us as the "Best" team in the league. Maybe next year, with a couple of the right upgrades. Just not right now. We are close for sure. Just not quite there yet.

We are capable of playing with anyone, that is for sure. The only thing I see against us, is our playoff inexperience.

We still can take it all this year. But it is the future that excites me the most. We are just getting started up in here.

#57 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,749 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

http://bleacherrepor...m-stand/page/29

This Week's Rank: 5

Last Week's Rank: 5

Differential: 0

The Carolina Panthers have won eight straight games, and in the process they secured a winning season for the first time since 2008. Thanks to an MVP-like season from quarterback Cam Newton and an aggressive defense, the Panthers look like a threat to make a run as a wild-card team.

The Panthers' ability has been tested with a difficult schedule so far this season, but they continue to answer their doubters with wins. Beating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers isn't a season-defining victory, but it does show that the Panthers can win trap games. That's not something this team could have done last season, but the maturation of Cam Newton and the bravado of head coach Ron Rivera is paying off.

#58 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:55 PM

I don't know that our OL is good enough to take down SEA in SEA right now... But it's good to get the respect we deserve.

After thinking this over for a few moments. I have to put this right up there with playoff inexperience as the only things that could derail this train.

Also the main reasons I truly believe we are at least a year away from the ultimate prize.

Not to say we cannot do it this year, cuz we most certainly can, but I think our youth is working against us.

#59 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

In hindsight it is really great that the refs allowed that one PI call against Keuchly.  Ironic as hell considering what happened later.  If they didn't make that call, Rivera might not have changed anything and we would have gone down the same path this year. 

I don't think we are lucky. We are winning now because Rivera plays to win and not to lose. We were 2-14 in one score games because of Rivera. If he coached like this last year we would be 9-7 or 10-6 at a minimum.

Our record this year is an indication of a team that has made improvements and a coach that has made adjustments to his philosophy.
We are what we are. The Buffalo game gave Ron and the team the adversity needed to dig deep and change

#60 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

I don't think we are lucky. We are winning now because Rivera plays to win and not to lose. We were 2-14 in one score games because of Rivera. If he coached like this last year we would be 9-7 or 10-6 at a minimum.

Our record this year is an indication of a team that has made improvements and a coach that has made adjustments to his philosophy.
We are what we are. The Buffalo game gave Ron and the team the adversity needed to dig deep and change

that seems to be what happened in our situation..  we as fans are lucky because that doesn't happen all too often and when it does it's usually short lived.

typically the Bills game is more often than not a sign of things to come...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.