• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

Looking around at different predictions, found this one to be most accurate IMO.

http://www.philsteel...rojections.html

As a UNC/ACC fan, I think either UNC or VA Tech gets the Belk bowl. As for the Chik-Fil-A bowl, I guess he's figuring they select Miami over Duke, I dont see it. Duke beat them by 18 just 3 weeks ago.

As for the BCS, If MIZZU beats AUB then BAMA gets a BCS bowl? There's also that possibilty BAMA gets a national title shot if AUB loses, coupled with either a FSU or OSU loss.

Thoughts?

#2 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

Lose to Duke? HA! 

Even if Jameis Winston indicted, tried, and convicted in the next week, that's not happening.

#3 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Lose to Duke? HA!

Even if Jameis Winston indicted, tried, and convicted in the next week, that's not happening.

If Duke starts out slow as they normally have this season, they will get rolled. However, if they keep it close, they're a good 4th qtr team.

Do you think it will effect the BCS standings if Winston is charged?

#4 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

If Duke starts out slow as they normally have this season, they will get rolled. However, if they keep it close, they're a good 4th qtr team.

Do you think it will effect the BCS standings if Winston is charged?

How can you put a one loss team over a zero loss team just because they lose a player? FSU can play with and even beat OSU with Maguire. 

You don't get the 4th Overall D and #1 Scoring D in the nation by having a good QB.

#5 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

How can you put a one loss team over a zero loss team just because they lose a player? FSU can play with and even beat OSU with Maguire.

You don't get the 4th Overall D and #1 Scoring D in the nation by having a good QB.

Hope it doesn't happen, but it could have an impact. NIU is unbeaten and they're sitting at #14, the SEC has 3 teams in the top 5 and the votes could swing.

#6 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hope it doesn't happen, but it could have an impact. NIU is unbeaten and they're sitting at #14, the SEC has 3 teams in the top 5 and the votes could swing.

Cause it's neck and neck right now.

1 Florida State .9948 2 Ohio State .9503 3 Auburn .9233 4 Alabama .8539 5 Missouri .8428 6 Oklahoma State

The only way FSU does not go to NCG is if they lose to Duke or the Noles' entire team's talent is captured by cartoon space aliens looking to trick the Loony Tunes into slave labor at Moron Mountain.

If FSU beats Duke by 40 and Winston breaks his arm, the Noles will still play in the Championship game. If FSU beats Duke by 1 point in triple overtime and Jameis Winston is tried for sexual assault, theft, and high treason, the Noles will still play in the Championship game. Any combination of things that still results in a Florida State victory in the ACC Championship game will result in the Noles playing in the Championship game.

Anyone telling you otherwise is trying to sell papers or troll. 

#7 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Looking around at different predictions, found this one to be most accurate IMO.

http://www.philsteel...rojections.html

As a UNC/ACC fan, I think either UNC or VA Tech gets the Belk bowl. As for the Chik-Fil-A bowl, I guess he's figuring they select Miami over Duke, I dont see it. Duke beat them by 18 just 3 weeks ago.

As for the BCS, If MIZZU beats AUB then BAMA gets a BCS bowl? There's also that possibilty BAMA gets a national title shot if AUB loses, coupled with either a FSU or OSU loss.

Thoughts?

On the BCS part, Bama is going to a BCS bowl regardless. The winner of the Auburn/Missouri Game will be the 1st SEC team in the BCS and Alabama will be the 2nd. No Bowls are going to take the loser of the Auburn/Missouri Game over Bama.

Also Auburn losing has nothing to do with Bama getting a shot at the National title game. The current order goes #1 Florida State if they win, #2 Ohio State if they win and #3 the winner of the Auburn/Missouri Game (So if Ohio St loses the winner of the Mizz/Auburn game would go, not bama).

Now the only chance for Bama is if BOTH Florida State and Ohio State loses... Then the title game would be Auburn/Missouri winner vs either Bama, and 1 loss Florida State, 1 loss Big ten Champ Michigan State, or a 1 loss Pac 12 champ Oklahoma State... This is VERY unlikely to happen and would be a huge cluster F for that second team. 

Also if FSU win they go to the title game no matter what happens... injuries/suspensions don;t effect computers or polls. 

#8 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

On the BCS part, Bama is going to a BCS bowl regardless. The winner of the Auburn/Missouri Game will be the 1st SEC team in the BCS and Alabama will be the 2nd. No Bowls are going to take the loser of the Auburn/Missouri Game over Bama.

Also Auburn losing has nothing to do with Bama getting a shot at the National title game. The current order goes #1 Florida State if they win, #2 Ohio State if they win and #3 the winner of the Auburn/Missouri Game (So if Ohio St loses the winner of the Mizz/Auburn game would go, not bama).

Now the only chance for Bama is if BOTH Florida State and Ohio State loses... Then the title game would be Auburn/Missouri winner vs either Bama, and 1 loss Florida State, 1 loss Big ten Champ Michigan State, or a 1 loss Pac 12 champ Oklahoma State... This is VERY unlikely to happen and would be a huge cluster F for that second team.

Also if FSU win they go to the title game no matter what happens... injuries/suspensions don;t effect computers or polls.

The BCS title game is based on final rankings, if Auburn and 1 of the top 2 ranked teams lose Bama has a great shot to make it. If they felt so highly on Mizzu then they would be ranked 4th, which is where they should be. As for FSU... Without Winston they're not even in the discussion. This is a system based on voters opinions and some computers and I'm not saying any of this happens. Bama has made it once before in the same situation and teams have dropped with the loss of their star player...

#9 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,262 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

this would have been a great year to do next years championship thingy

#10 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

The BCS title game is based on final rankings, if Auburn and 1 of the top 2 ranked teams lose Bama has a great shot to make it. If they felt so highly on Mizzu then they would be ranked 4th, which is where they should be. As for FSU... Without Winston they're not even in the discussion. This is a system based on voters opinions and some computers and I'm not saying any of this happens. Bama has made it once before in the same situation and teams have dropped with the loss of their star player...

Please stop.

#11 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

Buckeyes haven't played a top10 team in 3 years.

1 FSU
2 Auburn
3 Bama
4 buckeyes
IMHO

Also - u idiot dookies be sure not to empty out your life savings for an ACC champ ticket. They'll be giving these away for free and the game will be over before halftime.

#12 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,437 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

Don't sleep on Mizzou.

#13 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

Buckeyes haven't played a top10 team in 3 years.

1 FSU
2 Auburn
3 Bama
4 buckeyes
IMHO

Also - u idiot dookies be sure not to empty out your life savings for an ACC champ ticket. They'll be giving these away for free and the game will be over before halftime.

Doesn't matter.  Undefeated OSU and if FSU beat Duke then they play the BCS Championship game and Im going to lmao.  SEC has had the polls rigged for years and this year they hopefully will be shutout.

#14 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

Doesn't matter.  Undefeated OSU and if FSU beat Duke then they play the BCS Championship game and Im going to lmao.  SEC has had the polls rigged for years and this year they hopefully will be shutout.

So there's no chance that the Spartans beat the Bucks, but there's an "IF" the Noles beat the dookies? The only "if" with the FSU/duke game is IF FSU hangs 70 on them. 

I've been listening to the talk radio etc, and a lot of what I'm hearing is that the Buckeyes "deserve" to go because of what they've done the past two seasons. GTFO. They play absolutely NO ONE and still give up 40 points a game. Do you think OSU would be undefeated if they played Auburn's 1 loss schedule? And do you think Auburn would have 1 loss if they played OSU's schedule? 

If Auburn wins the SEC Champ - they "deserve" to be in the NCAA title over Ohio State even if OSU beats Sparty. 

#15 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

Don't sleep on Mizzou.

No I agree w/ this and honestly a case could be made for them to be in my #4 spot over OSU. I think Auburn is going to win the SEC game but it could be an awesome game to watch; especially without a real rooting interest. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.