Bowl Projections

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

So there's no chance that the Spartans beat the Bucks, but there's an "IF" the Noles beat the dookies? The only "if" with the FSU/duke game is IF FSU hangs 70 on them. 

I've been listening to the talk radio etc, and a lot of what I'm hearing is that the Buckeyes "deserve" to go because of what they've done the past two seasons. GTFO. They play absolutely NO ONE and still give up 40 points a game. Do you think OSU would be undefeated if they played Auburn's 1 loss schedule? And do you think Auburn would have 1 loss if they played OSU's schedule? 

If Auburn wins the SEC Champ - they "deserve" to be in the NCAA title over Ohio State even if OSU beats Sparty. 

Sorry, a team that lost by two TD's to a 3 loss squad does not 'deserve' anything.

Should they win this weekend, OSU was undefeated in a major FBS conference. There's only two teams that can say that and they should play for the NC.

#17 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

Sorry, a team that lost by two TD's to a 3 loss squad does not 'deserve' anything.

Should they win this weekend, OSU was undefeated in a major FBS conference. There's only two teams that can say that and they should play for the NC.

I certainly don't blame the FSU fan for preferring to play Ohio State rather than the SEC champion! 

#18 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

I certainly don't blame the FSU fan for preferring to play Ohio State rather than the SEC champion!

There's only one CFB team that could beat a full force FSU, and they can't make it.

#19 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

So there's no chance that the Spartans beat the Bucks, but there's an "IF" the Noles beat the dookies? The only "if" with the FSU/duke game is IF FSU hangs 70 on them. 

I've been listening to the talk radio etc, and a lot of what I'm hearing is that the Buckeyes "deserve" to go because of what they've done the past two seasons. GTFO. They play absolutely NO ONE and still give up 40 points a game. Do you think OSU would be undefeated if they played Auburn's 1 loss schedule? And do you think Auburn would have 1 loss if they played OSU's schedule? 

If Auburn wins the SEC Champ - they "deserve" to be in the NCAA title over Ohio State even if OSU beats Sparty. 

No undefeated team from a BCS at large school is going to get passed over for a 1 lost team unless their are three undefeated teams.  That's the way the BCS is setup, it a crappy system and I welcome next year when you have more than 2 teams playing for the Championship in the post season.

#20 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

There's only one CFB team that could beat a full force FSU, and they can't make it.

Who's the team and aren't they full force?

#21 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

Who's the team and aren't they full force?

We're full force. The only team that can stay on the field with FSU is Alabama.

#22 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

PS: Winston is free and clear as of 2pm EST tomorrow

#23 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

PS: Winston is free and clear as of 2pm EST tomorrow

That's what she said.

#24 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

The BCS title game is based on final rankings, if Auburn and 1 of the top 2 ranked teams lose Bama has a great shot to make it. If they felt so highly on Mizzu then they would be ranked 4th, which is where they should be. As for FSU... Without Winston they're not even in the discussion. This is a system based on voters opinions and some computers and I'm not saying any of this happens. Bama has made it once before in the same situation and teams have dropped with the loss of their star player...

There is NO chance that if Mizz wins Alabama will be higher ranked than them.... That I put my life savings on because it's a zero percent chance...

Mizz will have a stronger strength of schedule... their only loss coming in OT with a missed FG to a SC team, and who is also the SEC Champion who just beat a top 3 team in the nation.... NO CHANCE Bama goes before Mizz. None. The computers Have Auburn at .92 Bama at .84 and Mizz at .83.... So Mizz will easily close that small gap in the computers and jump Bama... and no coaches or Harris poll will choose bama over Mizz.... so Mizz would be WELL ahead of Bama should they win. 

#25 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

There is NO chance that if Mizz wins Alabama will be higher ranked than them.... That I put my life savings on because it's a zero percent chance...

Mizz will have a stronger strength of schedule... their only loss coming in OT with a missed FG to a SC team, and who is also the SEC Champion who just beat a top 3 team in the nation.... NO CHANCE Bama goes before Mizz. None. The computers Have Auburn at .92 Bama at .84 and Mizz at .83.... So Mizz will easily close that small gap in the computers and jump Bama... and no coaches or Harris poll will choose bama over Mizz.... so Mizz would be WELL ahead of Bama should they win. 

They're UNC fans. They don't quite get the whole "college football" thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com