Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Riverboat Ron on Sound FX

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Can i challenge this? Im gonna challenge this.

2 people like this

Posted

This looked like it was Rivera's first year... You can see the difference in RR's intensity from that SoundFX video and this years.. Awesome to see how he has evolved into a Head Coach.

Hahaha... My favorite line of the video was.. "He scored, He Scored, He Scored, He Scored, Everybody Relax..... Everybody Relax"

It also proved just what an idiot that head referee was on the fumble call. Even the side judge explaining to RR thought it was hilarious that the referee couldn't determine who recovered the fumble.. It was funny to watch now, but bullpoo as it happened live... 

4 people like this

Posted

This looked like it was Rivera's first year... You can see the difference in RR's intensity from that SoundFX video and this years.. Awesome to see how he has evolved into a Head Coach.

Hahaha... My favorite line of the video was.. "He scored, He Scored, He Scored, He Scored, Everybody Relax..... Everybody Relax"

It also proved just what an idiot that head referee was on the fumble call. Even the side judge explaining to RR thought it was hilarious that the referee couldn't determine who recovered the fumble.. It was funny to watch now, but bullpoo as it happened live... 

Can't wait to get home and watch this.

Posted

We have ourselves a football coach  :rr:

6 people like this

Posted

He assembled a monstrous defense at San Diego, nothing has changed.

Posted

Not trying to take anything away from Sean, but that is Ron's defense.

I think you're selling Sean short. Ron may lead them on the field, but it's Sean's plan they're executing.

It's a collective effort.

As to the videos, the growth Ron has shown as a leader is underappreciated. This is the guy we all wanted a couple of years ago. It just took awhile for him to emerge from his cocoon.

2 people like this

Posted

I think you're selling Sean short. Ron may lead them on the field, but it's Sean's plan they're executing.

It's a collective effort.

As to the videos, the growth Ron has shown as a leader is underappreciated. This is the guy we all wanted a couple of years ago. It just took awhile for him to emerge from his cocoon.

Sean and Ron both learned how to coach defense under Jim Johnson. It's the same philosophy.

Sean is a really good coach but Ron is the reason this defense is great instead of good.

He was the DC of two number one defenses on two separate teams. Sean was a failure in Philly.

1 person likes this

Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhpGjJ3P0kU&feature=youtu.be

9 people like this

Posted

It's amazing to witness the transformation. Several months ago, we were cursing the man out and wishing he'd leave The Carolinas forever. Now that he's grown a spine, he's one of most beloved mofos in franchise history.

For me, I've always liked Rivera. He's a brilliant defensive coordinator, a great developer of talent and a former '85 Bear. He's a player's coach too (which is why his squads fight hard for him). On paper he's everything we could wish for as a head coach but he's still learning. The talent on this team is saving his behind but if he continues to improve... Ron will be our coach for many years to come.

5 people like this

Posted

Nice video. 

He's certainly come along way. 

I remember after watching it, I couldn't believe it (and any comments) weren't posted on the Huddle. So I'm glad they are now now. 

Posted

Sean and Ron both learned how to coach defense under Jim Johnson. It's the same philosophy.

Sean is a really good coach but Ron is the reason this defense is great instead of good.

He was the DC of two number one defenses on two separate teams. Sean was a failure in Philly.

I don't know that you can really call Sean a failure in Philly. He was unexpectedly forced to follow in the shoes of the beloved and highly successful Jim Johnson with a roster decimated by injuries and lacking in talent. Add the fact that Philly had already soured on Reid and it's hard to imagine anyone really succeeding there. He was forced into a very tough spot.

I do believe this is a collaborative effort, but Sean has a TON of influence in that D and the player interviews make that very obvious.

Give credit where it's due, McDermott has done a superb job.

4 people like this

Posted

Complete new found respect for our coach after watching and listening to him in action right there.