Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Riverboat Ron on Sound FX

62 posts in this topic

Posted

wish i wasn't an old fat guy. I'd love to play for Rivera. He's a very good coach.

Posted

he called Steve, Steven......uh oh Riverboat with a huge gamble 

The old Swanson routine...

tumblr_lsvtz33eAh1qkae66o1_1280.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Can't believe the transformation from old Ron to Riverboat Ron. Like he said, its like a switch was flicked and everything makes sense now. Keep it rolling and we can beat the teams ahead of us.

Posted

He's having fun, and you can tell that it's not just a job for him, he loves being out there.  Players respect him because he respects them.   I've met a few people in my life like this, and they have the power to make you truly want to make them happy and succeed for them.  Motivation from fear of disappointment will get more results than a "my way is the highway" type coach imo.  

I wasn't sold on Rivera early on either, but perhaps IF he wasn't on the hotseat we would have never known his potential.  

Posted

I'm pretty sure coming up out of the pile with it isn't proof of possession when going to video review. You need to have it in your possession CLEARLY under the pile, which we didn't.

I think the ref was laughing because he knew we had it, but by rule they couldn't overturn it with what was seen on the video and he knows that sucks, not that the head ref sucks.

What more fact than coming out with the ball. While he may not have been laughing at the Ref there was enough proof there to over turn the call. The question is whats enough visual proof. That changes from Ref to Ref. Its like saying a WR/TE is defensiveness. What constitute being defensiveness. Or the even more controversial hitting the QB call.

Posted

Love that vid  shows that Rivera really is coaching the guys up.

Glad he grew a pair because that seemed to be what was holding him back....now that he isn't too conservative he's one of the top 5 coaches in the league IMO.

Posted

klein seemed intimidated by ron.

one thing i noticed. for ron to be such a players coach, he demands respect. all of them "yes sir, no sir"

Riverboat gives respect too.  Did you notice him calling the refs "sir" ?  His tone was always respectful.

Thanks for that video, it was awesome.  RR has turned in to one hell of a coach.  He instills confidence in his players and corrects them without demeaning them.  Love his style.  I am glad "it" finally clicked for him.

1 person likes this

Posted

Head coaches can develop just like the players and he's done so in an awesome way.

That's a head coach right there.

They say it takes a player to his third year to hit his stride and really come into his own. It may be the same for coaches, the future looks bright.

Posted

Their attitude was more of that's the rule(even though we know who came up with the ball). There was no fug up on the refs part.

Still not buying it, the ref couldn't even give him a straight answer. I took it as more or less the refs not being able to be decisive and/or admit they fugged. Not making a big deal of it though, it was a blow out by that point anyway.

Posted

stoic Ron was always a myth. he's learned as a head coach but emotionally he hasnt changed much if at all.

making assumptions about a coach from the 3 second shots you get of him prior to the start of every 11th play doesnt give you any indication of his demeanor whatsoever.

2 people like this

Posted

The old Swanson routine...

tumblr_lsvtz33eAh1qkae66o1_1280.jpg

I have a dire need to see someone photoshop a Swanson/Riverboat amalgamation now, because I'm pretty sure it would be the greatest thing in the history of the internet.

Posted

This is the Ron I expected two years ago, glad he's finally showing his true colors.